Grimoire - #34 on Steam Greenlight

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Grimoire is climbing higher on the Steam Greenlight list:

GRIMOIRE MUDWRESTLING AT #34 IN THE TOP 100 ON STEAM GREENLIGHT!

Our old fashioned ultra retro old skool game is fighting with next generation graphics games, megacorporate blockbusters and extremely well financed and staffed greenlight games in the top 30 slots to get even higher! We got this far with no mainstream game media covering this herculean struggle, imagine how many votes we could get with just a couple of mentions in the right place! Please insist your favorite gamer 'zine carry the news of this battle of titans and help our little indie classic climb right to the top! It will send shockwaves through the game industry if Grimoire makes it any higher than it is now! Shock the pundits and help put Grimoire on the summit!!
More information.

C'mon people! Only we can make this game become true!

Not interested :)

Not interested :)

Why? Because Cleve trolled you for decades? OK.

I guess I'm lucky to possess this amazing ability which allows me to separate the work from the artist if needed.

there are various reasons I am not interested in it. There are plenty of other games on my backlog that I want to play for one and this game doesn't appeal enough to me to put it on the backlog as well. And Cleve isn't really a motivating factor to put it on there.
So, not interested.

I can't be interested, reading the gameplay is like 800 hours, just won't happen for me.

Any time someone uses the word "zine" it reminds me of the dystopian novels where they think the future will try and shorten a word. Like the 80s novels were sure we would shorten microwave to"wave". We'd be just waving all our food.

We didn't shorten the name of the oven, but we did switch to using shorter words to describe using it. Instead of "microwave this", people say things like "nuke it" or "zap it".

20 years in development? Yikes. I wonder who'll volunteer to write the walkthrough?

Why? Because Cleve trolled you for decades? OK.

I guess I'm lucky to possess this amazing ability which allows me to separate the work from the artist if needed.

Actually almost everyone has this ability. The " if needed" though will be different for everyone.

I can't be interested, reading the gameplay is like 800 hours, just won't happen for me.

Yeah, I love RPGs, but 600+ hours is simply insane.
Ironically, I started playing CRPGs because I wanted to stretch my gaming dollar… A 100 hour RPG was a much better value than something I could finish in a weekend. Nowadays, time is tighter than money. For me, the sweet spot is 35-70 hours… any longer, and I'll probably not finish it; any less and it's not worth my time.

Nevertheless, Grimoire looks interesting. I look forward to playing it once it's well pached… maybe in a decade or so.

20 years in development? Yikes. I wonder who'll volunteer to write the walkthrough?

I actually wrote a walkthrough for the first part of the game several years ago. I had planned to write one for the rest, but then Cleve started insulting me on here, so I lost all interest!!

Probably a point to be made here about being nice to people in general. People you are nice to are much more likely to help you if they find you a pleasant person. :)

Back
Top Bottom