Dungeons Of Aledorn - Development Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted Kickstarter update #27 for Dungeons Of Aledorn:

On our way to beta

Hello friends of oldschool RPGs and fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. After some weeks of silence, we bring you fresh information from development. As always, you can see some new graphic art and we will show you a little bit of level and game design. So, let’s start with visuals.

Story will bring our heroes into the shadows of ancient trees of Dark Forest. As you can assume by it’s name, this won’t be bright woods full of colourful birds and cute friends of Bambi, but a deep dark forest with gloomy atmosphere. That is in hands of our visual artist Daniel Nezmar and his first version of Dark Forest is on screenshots below.

[...]

Next point is town Voland in the night. You can take a look, how day and night system works in current version. In older videos, you could see earlier versions, but our programmers were working on improvements, so now everything looks much more real and natural. This not final version for sure but even now we can say that locations looks pretty in night and lights and shadows can make neat romantic or scary scene. On screenshots you can see, how it looks when you take a walk around a Voland when night is up and street lights lit on.

[...]
More information.

I'm glad this game is shaping up well. Actually, I'm happy with all yet-to-be-released games I backed. I'm pretty confident none of them will enter some kind of "development hell" or whatever.

• Dungeons of Aledorn
  • Wolcen (former Umbra)
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Wasteland 3
  • Phoenix Point
  • Bard's Tales IV
  • System Shock reboot

Edit: I forgot to add both Bard's Tale IV and System Shock to the list above. I didn't even realize how many games I've backed :)

Last edited:
Looks like a classic isometric RPG. Went below my radar too, but not anymore.

I know if it ever releases, I owe Fluent a copy. I can't remember why, but I do remember I owe him one.

I voted this in my top 3 anticipated games! I just keep getting the year wrong. I rarely look forward to a game but for some reason this one had me at hello.

I know if it ever releases, I owe Fluent a copy. I can't remember why, but I do remember I owe him one.

The North remembers! :)

I keep forgetting I backed this one until I get an email every 3-6 months or something. Seems like a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom