Matt Chat - Tim Lang talks about Might & Magic IX

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I the second part of the interview with Matt and Tim talk about the New World Computing/3DO days:

Matt Chat 375: Tim Lang on Might and Magic IX

Tim is back to chat about how a punk rocker with a mohawk got a sweet gig at one of the more conservative gaming studios, New World Computing. We also talk about his game Might and Magic IX and lots of other stuff.
More information.

MMIX gets a bit of an unfair shake. While it is obviously quite a let down from the previous iterations, it was still one of the best RPGs released that year.

oh is that so? never had Chance to paly it after vi, vii, and viii ...maybe i'll take a look at it sometime

I've played through it twice. Not as good as VI-VIII but nowhere near as bad as it's rep in my opinion.

I played IX and it left me feeling angry and grumpy which is very unusual for a M&M game. The charm just wasn't there. Maybe a fan patch would help but I doubt it.

It's biggest problem is that it is unfinished and it shows. Not worth the money I paid for it and I love all the other games in the series!!

It's biggest problem is that it is unfinished and it shows. Not worth the money I paid for it and I love all the other games in the series!!

Exactly. I still remember discussing the various issues over at the Dot. It really didn't feel finished. I have never actually played it since then..

Back
Top Bottom