Grim Dawn - Has Sold One Million Copies

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Grim Dawn has sold one million copies to date. On the Crate website and Humble bundle the game is currently 50% off in celebration.

Crate Entertainment announced today that Grim Dawn has now sold over one million copies on PC, plus over 200k copies of the Crucible arena mode DLC. In celebration of this milestone, Crate Entertainment has marked Grim Dawn 50% off through its website until the end of May.

The game is also currently 50% off through Humble Store, during their spring encore sale!

More information.

Yeah that sucks. I like Grim Dawn though because it's SP-friendly, unlike the trading simulator that is PoE. Don't expect it to hold your attention for more than two playthroughs though. I'd suggest an Occultist/Demolitionist to squeeze the most fun out of this game, don't even bother with Soldier.

Grim Dawn - Has Sold One Million Copies

Forgot to say that's pretty good for a small game in an over-saturated genre.

Yeah that sucks. I like Grim Dawn though because it's SP-friendly, unlike the trading simulator that is PoE. Don't expect it to hold your attention for more than two playthroughs though. I'd suggest an Occultist/Demolitionist to squeeze the most fun out of this game, don't even bother with Soldier.
It does not need to be changed to have proper MP servers.

Forgot to say that's pretty good for a small game in an over-saturated genre.
Over saturated? List please. It's a sub genre I follow closely and it's no way saturated. But ok I'm in hurry to get the list.

If it's saturated it's the MP point of view, PoE saturated the market by itself already. but it's not SP point of view.

Small? You didn't played it because no way it is small from many aspects, world, play duration, replay ability, amount items, amount of crafting, amount of character buildings, more.

At least we agree on one point, pretty good (for SP).

Good for the developers, even if I think the game is very underwhelming. Titan Quest was better - and I wasn't that big a fan of it, either.

IMO, currently, Diablo 3, Warframe and PoE dominate the genre - each in their own way.

Most definitely not oversaturated, though. We still need that modern Diablo 2 to rule them all.

Agreed, but I've installed the DAIL mod and despite balance and synergy issues with some (okay, most) of the new masteries, it really does add a lot.

I consider GD the best ARPG I've ever played.

I loved Diablo back in the days, because of the atmosphere and because I had never played anything like it before. Diablo 2 bored me to death mid Act III and I stopped. Same with all ARPGs that came after. Seems I'm not an ARPG-kinda guy...

In Grim Dawn, while pretty good at what it does, I lasted about 15 h. I think I give up on ARPGs for good. WH40K Inquisitor sounds incredibly cool in my mind, though I guess it will be the same as all the others in the end.
I'm getting my loot-fix with Low Magic Age (title sigh) atm. So turn-based it is!

I loved Diablo back in the days, because of the atmosphere and because I had never played anything like it before. Diablo 2 bored me to death mid Act III and I stopped. Same with all ARPGs that came after. Seems I'm not an ARPG-kinda guy…

In Grim Dawn, while pretty good at what it does, I lasted about 15 h. I think I give up on ARPGs for good. WH40K Inquisitor sounds incredibly cool in my mind, though I guess it will be the same as all the others in the end.
I'm getting my loot-fix with Low Magic Age (title sigh) atm. So turn-based it is!

Have you ever played them in cooperative multiplayer?

In my opinion, that's the only way to enjoy these games fully.

Now, I loved Diablo 2 like that - but as a singleplayer experience it was pretty forgettable - and I agree Diablo was better in that way upon release.

I generally don't enjoy games like this, but Diablo two and this game are two of the exceptions. I had a great deal of fun with this one.

Good for the developers, even if I think the game is very underwhelming. Titan Quest was better - and I wasn't that big a fan of it, either.

IMO, currently, Diablo 3, Warframe and PoE dominate the genre - each in their own way.

Most definitely not oversaturated, though. We still need that modern Diablo 2 to rule them all.

Huge congrats to the crate team. It is very well deserved milestone! GD is top of the heap for aRPGs released since TQ.

The genre is woefully underserved. D3 is decent. PoE is an abomination. Warframe isn't even in the genre.

Also - MP should be forbidden in aRPGs unless it is Marvel Heroes style! Trading should definitely be forbidden and loot rates adjusted accordingly.

Great action rpg, glad to see such success… normally I don't really like Diablo-style games, but this game is an exception. I will be buying the expansion.

I enjoyed GD well enough. I play all of the action rpgs, though I'm not real good. Congrats to the crate dwellers. It is sad that they don't have houses.

Back
Top Bottom