Matt Chat - The Tragic Tale of Might and Magic IX

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Matt chats with Tim Lang about Might and Magic IX:

Matt Chat 377: Tim Lang on the Tragic Tale of Might and Magic 9

It's one of the saddest stories in CRPG history...An epic and beloved series, Might & Magic, suddenly collapsed and died an excruciating death at the keyboards of incensed critics.

Yes, the game had its flaws. They were many. They were deep.

But did Might and Magic deserve to die?

Listen in as Tim Lang, lead designer, takes us through the ups and downs of the ill-fated game's development. As it turns out, there's more to the story than you may have realized.
More information.

I will listen to this over the holiday weekend. Came out at a perfect time.

Please do and let us know if it's worth taking the time for.

Please do and let us know if it's worth taking the time for.
Matt has some of the best interviews out there, it's always so very worth taking the time for. I'm really busy all the time, but I'd listen to all his videos if he released one every day.

Wizardry is the first crpg I played but the Might and Magic series is what made me fall in love with this hobby.

I enjoyed the interview. Tim Lang seems like a very nice guy. The part on the hidden dungeons in M&M6&7 was something I never new about. You could kill JVC who was a goblin and the dungeon map was the NWC office. That makes me want to play again and find these dungeons :)

You could kill JVC who was a goblin and the dungeon map was the NWC office. That makes me want to play again and find these dungeons

I would have liked to hear a bit more about MM IX like how rushed that starter island felt compared to a lot of the other areas. After the community patches, it was not a completely bad experience, it had some really fun dungeons.

While obviously quite flawed, MMIX is still a decent game. It gets way too much hate.

Back
Top Bottom