Spellforce 3 - Release in December

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
THQ Nordic let us now that Spellforce 3 will be available, exclusively on PC, December 7th 2017.

More information.

Never played first two games - others said those are awsome RTS/RPG blends but I kinda didn't have time for those aka nothing I saw from pics and vids looked more interesting than stuff I already have in backlog.

The good news for me it's PC game, the bad news is I'm not sure if there's enough fun for me there. :(
To people who are closely following this one, details please!

Another somewhat highly anticipated game of mine.
I really loved Spellforce 2, great blend of RTS/RPG, not trying to dethrone any SC2 or something.
So I expect "more of that" from Spellforce 3 as well.

Hoping that they don't fall into the trap of trying to get some of the SC2 or MOBA cake. Like Dawn Of War 3 did, that game isn't even out half a year and practically dead already - just look at this. DoW 2 + 1 combined still have more people playing them than DoW3 has by now. They could've just used the best parts from DoW1+2, instead of mixing their worst with MOBA gameplay. But I digress...

A good single player RTS is far more needed than another clickfest (aka SC2 / MOBA) copy.

Just want to leave a comment here that DoW3 is nothing like MOBA and isn't dead.

Just want to leave a comment here that DoW3 is nothing like MOBA and isn't dead.
Let me post the link again.
You can lie to yourself as much as you want, but numbers don't lie ;)
Sure, it still has 1-2k players at the moment, but that number is descending so quickly you might get vertigo just from looking at it.
Just as a comparison: Age Of Empires 3 - the original game released more than 10 years ago. About 1k players. It really tells you all you need to know.

And about the MOBA: Sorry, it is just too easy to trigger clueless fanboys. And too much fun ;)

I don't care about numbers. I can always find a game under 3 minutes and that is totally fine by me.

Eh?
But Spellforce 1 & 2 are not MOBA. Not even close.
If Spellforce 3 is, I'll stay away. Don't get me wrong here, I play LoL here and there, but the genre is not evolving, once you see one MOBA, you practically saw them all - teamwork is not the same, but the core idea is and I don't have time for clones.

Not MOBA at all.
We had this discussion before, its an RTS with numerous units and different races to play.
You have to progress through maps to advance the story. I have been watching the beta video's and there is nothing in it to change my mind that this is an RTS first. Like Battle for Middle Earth with character advancement and heroes that advance from map to map. Yes, this will be a massive clickfest but that is what RTS games do.
It does look like a better successor then what we got out of Dungeon Siege 3 or Sacred 3.
I am pumped and will be watching Steam for beta keys.

Not MOBA at all.
We had this discussion before, its an RTS with numerous units and different races to play.
You have to progress through maps to advance the story. I have been watching the beta video's and there is nothing in it to change my mind that this is an RTS first. Like Battle for Middle Earth with character advancement and heroes that advance from map to map. Yes, this will be a massive clickfest but that is what RTS games do.
It does look like a better successor then what we got out of Dungeon Siege 3 or Sacred 3.
I am pumped and will be watching Steam for beta keys.

I always preferred the party based RPG aspect to the RTS one. I would prefer something less immersion breaking than your standard RTS base building and units trained in 10s.
Something like Myth for instance (or even a fantasy BattleZone with team RPG combat instead of FPS).
But I still have a soft spot for Spellforce, even though I ended up burnt out before the end every time, so I will probably give it a shot anyway.

I always preferred the party based RPG aspect to the RTS one. I would prefer something less immersion breaking than your standard RTS base building and units trained in 10s.
Something like Myth for instance (or even a fantasy BattleZone with team RPG combat instead of FPS).
But I still have a soft spot for Spellforce, even though I ended up burnt out before the end every time, so I will probably give it a shot anyway.

Can't agree more. Also regarding the soft spot.. Am definetly going for a try too.

Can't agree more. Also regarding the soft spot.. Am definetly going for a try too.

I should probably buy it just because they are making a PC game thats not mobile or console based.

Have played 1 and 2 with great fun, will give 3 a try as well. Must say I liked the parts with RPG party based stuff best, but it's a solid RTS as well.

Back
Top Bottom