Grimoire - Has a Steam Page

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Grimoire has a Steam page. Yes for real. It lists a release date of July 7th.

THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC STYLE TURN-BASED FANTASY ROLEPLAYING GAME!

After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release! Grimoire is an homage to the classic dungeon blobbers and is inspired by Wizardry, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, DungeonMaster and the Eye of the Beholder games!

• 600 hours of play possible in a single game
  • Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
  • Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects
  • 244+ Maps in the game to explore!
  • Turn-Based strategic combat
  • Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
  • 144 context sensitive magic spells
  • 14 races, 15 professions, 50 skills
  • 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
  • Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
  • 240+ monsters each with special powers and defenses
  • 1000+ items, Carry Containers, Global Party Inventory
  • 30 conditions, from Confusion to Disease & Lycanthropy
  • Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
  • Global Map Atlas With Position Marker
  • Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests
  • Complex LockPicking Interfaces for Doors & Chests
  • Challenging Puzzles and Rich Interactive Dungeons
  • Browsable Character Library for up to 100 characters
  • Up to 12 Commented Postage Stamped Savegames
  • Multi-themed GUI and customizable screen layouts
More information.

If it ever actually comes out, I might pick it up.... If the price isn't too high.

"full sentence communication with NCPs" - does anyone know what this means? Presumably its a mechanic similar to a Wizardry game or something?

tangled-excited.gif

"The game they say that would never be finished" ! :lol: :iloveyou:

There's websites about Bigfoot and the Lochness monster; doesn't make them real either :)

I used to think (very reasonably) that the game would never see the light of day, or at least that it would take still more years. But now, with a Stem page up and running, things become a bit more serious. I would be surprised if it wasn't released, not necessarily on July 8, but not very far from that date (this summer).

pibbur who isn't particularly interested in the game itself.

I certainly wouldn't take this as any kind of guarentee :)

Lots of games get delayed on Steam - though I don't know the process involved - or if there's any kind of repercussion for the developer if he keeps postponing it.

Hmm....the page says that the game UNLOCKS on July 7, that suggests that the game has already been submitted to Steam and has passed their review. Now I don't think Steam reviews that carefully and they will approve anything remotely playable, even if it's just a tech demo like the old demos . But at this point, I have to admit the possibility that it really is coming out.

However, given that the game is "complete" and uploaded onto Steam, there would be no possible excuse for it missing the July 7 date. If it doesn't come out that day, it would pretty conclusively prove that Cleve's announcement was not real.

"full sentence communication with NCPs" - does anyone know what this means? Presumably its a mechanic similar to a Wizardry game or something?
This illusive technique hasn't been seen since the days of Shakespearean tales of nought. It's as if the very fabric of time and space are collapsing around us.

I don't play blobbers anymore, but I would have loved this is 1998.

I would actually love to play this. IF I could play it one my phone. There's no way I'm spending PC hours on it right now, and I probably never will.

Do you think he'll port it to phones if it's actually released? Maybe in another 20 years?

I really had some fun with the beta versions, this was more than a tech demo at that time.

The game was pretty much completable then, but there was a bug at a certain point you needed to teleport from to the next section which I never did.

I will probably check this out.

I would actually love to play this. IF I could play it one my phone. There's no way I'm spending PC hours on it right now, and I probably never will.

Do you think he'll port it to phones if it's actually released? Maybe in another 20 years?

Get a windows tablets and you are sorted. Thats how I am planing to play this on my bed.

Incline is coming

I am very interested in this. Will wait a little bit to see if it's actually worth it.

Hmm, has it gone through independent beta testing… for 600 hours? Or are we going to see patches for the next 20 years?

Back
Top Bottom