Grim Dawn - Necromancer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Grim Dawn's Grim Misadventure #121 is about the necromancers in the expansion (to be released near the end of the year).

Hello and welcome to another Grim Miasdventures dev update. In case you have not been keeping track, we recently had a big patch (v1.0.1.0)! This update brought about some great quality of life changes to the game as well as a tuning pass. Most importantly of all though, it bridges some tech changes made for the expansion to the base game, which was a major step towards releasing the expansion later this year.

And on the note of the expansion, it’s time for another look! Today, we are going to dig deeper into what makes a Necromancer necromance.

Please note that as the masteries are still under development, the following information may change by release. Damage values are scaled by player attributes.
You learned to raise some skeletons, maybe drain a fool of their life essence, but there is more to the Necromancer’s vile arsenal. These powerful abilities await those who dedicate themselves to the mastery of death!

Blight Fiend
”Unmoved by the noxious fumes of decay, conjure forth an abomination made of corpses and rotting filth to rise up from the earth and subdue your enemies.”

This cheerful guy is just bloated with vile gases and poison and he will eagerly share them with your foes by vomiting up his insides. Upon death, the Blight Fiend erupts in toxic fumes. He can also learn to exhume poison around him, and to unleash a massive eruption of poison. A transmuter allows you to summon Blight Fiends more frequently to take advantage of their explosive tendencies, but they become temporary pets.
More information.

Cool, can't wait to replay.

I cannot, for the life of me, get into action RPGs ... there doesn't seem to be any point to them.

I cannot, for the life of me, get into action RPGs … there doesn't seem to be any point to them.

i wish i could say the same the time i've sunk in arpgs is outrageous.

I'm not really an action rpg person, but Grim Dawn is an exception. It's no mystery, the game is just a fun hack and slash rpg to play, with a cool character progression system, that actually has some intricacy and depth to it. For example, there is a really cool stars in the sky constellation thing where you choose different star groups to advance specialized abilities, its one of my favorite aspects of leveling up and progression. I'd say the game is kind of like an arcade game from the 80s, simple in its core gameplay of killing monsters, but can be damn fun when in the right mood.

I like GD mainly cause its SP friendly unlike Path of Exile.

It's funny, I started gaming with titles like Baldur's Gate. These days, ARPGs are about all that can hold my attention. You'd think, as an older gamer, the opposite would be true.

I played Grim Dawn and it was fun for a bit. I 'finished' it… However, the endless pursuit of gear and grinding away to improve everything becomes dull very very quickly. I think the original Diablo was my introduction to "ARPGs"…but now I can't stand them. All I remember about grim dawn was *pew*pew*hak* *kching*teleport*kching*teleport*… etc. GD was actually me trying to dip a toe back into ARPGs but it just showed me how far I have moved away from this kind of game. I have a deep seated aversion to munchkinising and power gaming, having DM'd groups like that, and these games, and especially PvP type games, pretty much force you into that mode of play to be successful. I hate that. Each to their own of course.
Also, if I kill something it must remain *DEAD*

The point is a cooperative powertrip based on the strategy of your build and gear setup.

It's like a one-man action Civilation game ;)

That said, Grim Dawn IS pretty dull - even though it has some neat systems.

Back
Top Bottom