Monster's Den: Godfall - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Monster's Den: Godfall has been released on Steam:

The popular dungeon-crawling RPG series comes to Steam!

Monsters' Den: Godfall is a new game, larger in scope and richer in content than ever before.

• A turn-based role playing game focused on dungeon crawling and advancement.
  • Found and manage a Mercenary Company. Maintain a roster of heroes, upgrade your keep and adopt doctrines for universal bonuses.
  • Take direct control of a party of up to four adventurers to lead on missions.
  • Battle groups of enemies in turn-based tactical combat.
  • Procedurally generated dungeons, loot and missions.
  • Overland travel- visit new cities and dungeons, search ruins and find hidden places of interest.
  • Improved character advancement means increased freedom to personalize your team of heroes.
  • Hundreds of unique items that can be customized with enchantments.
  • More than 100 enemy types, each with unique skills requiring different tactical approaches.
  • Random dungeon modifiers add new wrinkles to each mission.
  • Story missions uncover the mysteries of the Godfall.
Story

In the beginning, there were many gods. Until war came to heaven. One by one, the gods fell. Each Godfall brought with it a fierce meteor shower, as well as the sudden deaths of their worshippers. As the gods continued to fall and entire kingdoms were brought to ruin by the sympathetic deaths of the devout, many renounced their faith in the hope of being spared. Without divine protection, large numbers succumbed to possession and corruption as the demonic powers forced their entry into the world. Now, there is but one god. Her clerics exert dominance over the human remnants, ruling with an iron fist. Nomadic greenskin tribes pillage and burn their way across the land. Ambitious necromancers harvest the bones of fallen civilizations to amass undead armies of incredible size. The human heretics of the Cult of the Outward Path seek to break free from this world, risking it in the process. The dwarves of the Earthern Nations burrow ever deeper, trying to escape the madness of the surface world. Horrors wait there in the depths, ready to boil out and claim the old places. And all the while, sinister forces yet unseen lurk in the shadows and lay their plans. The fate of humanity hangs by a thread. Time to get to work.

Fifty years after the last Godfall, the winnowing of humanity has passed. The survivors and their descendants struggle to survive and rebuild in a world whose balance has dramatically shifted against them.
More information.

Sounds like what I wanted from Battle Brothers but half the price. Might have to get this.

Very much enjoyed it on Kongregate back in the days. If this is an extended version I might give it another go.

I completely forgot I backed this game.:embarrassed:

I'll go download it now since I got my key by E-mail.

Looks interesting. Never heard of the earlier games. The steam reviews refer to it as a less stressful darkest dungeon, battlebrothers, or turn-based diablo. I really enjoy all of those games so now I'm really curious. What are the general thoughts on this one? Worth a look?

Looking interesting.

Wishlisted

Played Monster Den: Book of Dread 30+ hours. It was pretty fun, but somewhat simplistic. You made a group and fought in various dungeons, the monsters were varied but not a whole lot of them. Pretty decent itemization, not super deep or difficult, good time waster. Cannot speak for the 2nd game.

i was about to buy as soon as it was out but i resisted like a real adult. If someone could give feedback would be great :)

Got my key for this but it might be a bit before I get to it, and something seems broken with the kickstarter rewards as well. Like most things released these days, it might need a patch or thirty first.

Damn... this looks pretty good. Initial reviews are good on Steam. Some complaints about bugs but otherwise seems good. Wish-listed for now but I'm tempted to pick this up soon. I'd also love to hear further thoughts from Watchers if they're playing this.

I decided to grab it, and i'll be playing it over this weekend. If work doesn't try and hijack me, i'll try and put in some first impressions.

For the first few minutes i've been playing it though, it's very similar to the original in structure (which is a good thing. I lost hours into the original because it was easy to get into). It appears they've added quests and objectives and dialogue in this one too, giving the game more depth (dialogue doesn't seem to be decision based though, and quests might just be glorified linear objectives, I haven't got that far yet). All in all, so far it seems to be like the original, but on steroids. Looks much better too, however max rez is 1080p so no ultrawide or 4k for you (but will do window or full screen). UI scaled is customizable.

Combat consists of sprites sliding slightly closer to each other and a very lame hack effect, which immediately made this game AvoidWare for me.

At least this guy seems to be putting out regular updates and such, so that is always a good sign if there are any issues with the game.

I'd pay 25% more if they put it on GoG

i bought it (i'm not so adult after all) and played for 10 hrs.

The developer is active squashing some bugs here and there, the game is enjoyable pretty straightforward (someone would say simplicistic) but it does right what it try to do.

You ride dungeons, gear your guys and earn favour, gold and influence. With gold and influence you build utility stuff in your castle and with favour you unlock benefits with various factions. There are random map encounters too and the loot system is nicely done ( in an arpgesque fashon) multiple layer of item rarity, item sets, crafting elements.

Back
Top Bottom