Shroud of the Avatar - Interview @ Shane Plays

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Shane interviewed Starr Long and Mathew Anderson from Portalarium about Shroud of the Avatar:

Shroud of the Avatar! - Shane Plays Radio Ep. 108

Highlights: Portalarium's Starr Long and Mathew Anderson join to talk about Richard "Lord British" Garriott's fantasy MMO Shroud of the Avatar!
More information.

Seems the watch has lost interest in this one...

"single player lies blah blah blah I supported blah" -typical watch response

I seem to recall they have a month to go before they are out of funds

"single player lies blah blah blah I supported blah" -typical watch response

What? That's not true? They did promise SP, but, they dropped it right after they got their money.

Gameplay is bad.
Design is bad.
UI is bad.
Devs are lying scum.

I think that about sums it up. Dead horse has been beaten.

Gameplay is bad.
Design is bad.
UI is bad.
Devs are lying scum.

I think that about sums it up. Dead horse has been beaten.

Well said. Since it has changed to a pure (rubbish) mmo many (especially backers) have given up on this failed/scam kickstarter.

Last edited:
What? That's not true? They did promise SP, but, they dropped it right after they got their money.

Thank you. I think the proper response is,

"It was always going to be a MMOG. SP was never going to be a focus. You'd have to have been blind not to see that."

I don't feel bad for anyone that backed this game. I was always about his ego and nothing else.

Well again, the one real big news about this is the fact that it has only a few more weeks before the doors are shut, followed by a year of running around still looking for funding.

Well again, the one real big news about this is the fact that it has only a few more weeks before the doors are shut, followed by a year of running around still looking for funding.

Well hopefully we will never hear from him again. I will still love his games from my youth though.

The one significant change to SoA is that it has gone F2P, desperate for players, and potential $$$, by hook or by crook, I suppose.

Still bitter garriot went after 2 rabbits and lost both (traditional ultima and mmo ultima). Game is still on my wishlist until its all done. I don't want to give up and need closure (release).

Back
Top Bottom