HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The XBoxHub checked out the Early Access game Ghost of a Tale:

Ghost of a Tale Hands-on Preview

[...]

As for the gameplay, the current build of the game is roughly representative of about a third of the overall game. Nevertheless, there is still enough on show to get a general feel of things. Unfortunately, the feeling it gives off is one of hope that the full release won’t be full of as many fetch quests as the current preview build. To find your wife, you need to escape the prison, and this is done by avoiding guards and completing a vast amount of fetch quests, none of which are particularly difficult… with only a couple bringing any type of puzzle into play and nothing which delivers any really engaging difference to the experience.

My time with Ghost of a Tale had me playing through the Jail, Courtyard and Sewer areas, which, as I mentioned before, make up about a third of the overall game. Whilst they may have you going backwards and forwards, completing quests and avoiding the rather foolish guards at present, it must be said that each area looks incredible. The level of detail present is enough to give off a true feeling of the area represented and it goes without saying that when final release rolls round, this is certainly going to be an impressive aspect of the game.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I played a little of this. You start in a prison cell guarded by rats and mostly are sneaking around, stealing keys and other stuff to make your way through. Its a very pretty game.

Back
Top Bottom