Gamescom - Question Time

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
I'll be heading to Gamescom next week and at the moment I have appointments for the games listed below. If there is anything you would like to know, questions you feel I should ask or whatever, let me know.

• An unannounced open world Kung-Fu title
  • Battletech
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • Deep Sky Derelicts
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Elex
  • Fall of Light
  • Gwent
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  • Seven: The Days Long gone
  • Shadows: Heretic Kingdom sequel
  • Spellforce 3
  • Starpoint Gemini franchise: Current developments and visions for the future
  • Tyranny: Bastard's Wound
  • Vampyr
  • Warhammer 40.000: Inquisitor: Martyr
More information.

Last edited:
Let me hear what you want to know about the above games and I'll do my best to find that out.

Unless you are asking from something totally rubbish, in which case I most likely won't :)

Not really interested in any of those but have a good time and safe trip!

I'm curious if Fall of Light will be coming to gog and if Gwent will be released for iPad.

Spellforce 3 looks like it took a massive step backward as regarding the RPG elements. The heroes have gone from almost being a character to just a more powerful unit instead. I'd love to hear how they're going to enhance the RPG elements.

Elex - will there be dlc/expansions?

And then what's next for PB?

Bump.

So... no more questions to ask?

I would be interested in your asking the Battle Chaser folks if they could reflect on Darksider and how it influence Battle Chaser. Also if they will provide dedicated KB/M support on the PC ?

No they are not attending.

For ELEX..

Was it ever planned that the Albs were going to be a faction you could join, and if so, why was that idea dropped?

Was there a particular reason they chose to make Magalan (prior to the meteor strike) so similar to modern day Earth? For example, the cars, tanks, etc.

Last edited:
Elex - will there be dlc/expansions?

And then what's next for PB?

I can answer that already :) .

1) No DLC and expansions for Elex, as usual for PB ever since NotR (remember that the G3 add-on was not made by PB but outsourced to a cheap Indian dev). The latter two Risens only had preorder/release day DLC which was already finished when the game(s) shipped.
Björn Pankratz actually said when asked about DLC not too long ago that DLC causes him -and I quote literally from German- an unpleasant "itching of his balls" :) . They definitely made the Risen 2 and 3 DLCs very reluctantly at Deep Silver's request.

2) Elex 2 has been revealed and confirmed via a EU funding project where video game devs can apply for EU funds. Check here and entry no. 29.
The AWins GmbH is affiliated with the Pluto 13 GmbH, same address, same CEO (Michael Rüve).

As you can see, the EU greenlighted €150,000 which, according to the spreadsheet, is 9% of the total budget. So they apparently applied for the funds making the EU believe that the total budget will be around €1.5 million which is silly, of course, but some preliminary funding has apparently been secured.

Mr. Pankratz also revealed last month in a Q&A session that he pitched their next project. He did not say to whom or what the next project would be. The latter has been confirmed now. It's Elex 2.
And he was probably talking about an "internal" pitch since Elex is a THQ Nordic Games brand so unless PB purchased the Elex brand from Nordic in the meantime then they can not work on Elex 2 unless THQ Nordic is also the publisher again.

All of this indicates that Elex is already selling very well. Preorders of Elex must be looking really good for Elex 2 to already be on its way. It looks like this will be a smash hit for PB in just a few weeks (October 17th is E-day).

For Divinity OS2:
Will there be rideable creatures in the game and can we use them in combat if yes.

What sort of things can you do with a fire whip?

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

For the camping system:

1. Will there be resources (e.g. food) you have to manage in order to camp?
2. In your kickstarter update, you mentioned if the party gets attacked during the night, some may have to jump into the fray unprepared. Is death only the outcome if you lose in such ambush? Or would it result in more dynamic outcomes such as the party runs away injured, lose some items to bandits, or lose loyalty/trust of your party members etc.

Yesterday I saw Original Sin 2, which has an embargo until next week Thursday
This morning I saw Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr, Spellforce 3 and talk to the Gemini Warlords devs about their upcoming new big DLC.
Spellforce 3 looks more RPGish than I expected.
Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor is currently very focused on online co-op, although you can play solo. The single player story line, is not shown and will be revealed at a later time. The game is coming to Early Access shortly.

Next up Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Closed the day with Seven, Shadows: Awakening, Biomutant and Elex.
A bit tired now of the walking between the appointments, so sitting and relaxing now and looking at the goodies.
I have 1 T-shirt and 1 heavy coin, resembling the in-game money of Inquisitor. 1 Elex comic book, 1 spinner or something like that and some USB keys with press kits on them.

Back
Top Bottom