RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Deep Sky Derelicts

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In case you haven't heard yet about Deep Sky Derelicts, this is an opportunity to learn more about the game from our Gamescom article.

Deep Sky Derelicts is a game about the exploration of derelict space ships and takes place in the distant future with people scattered all over the universe and the society split into rich and poor. The rich people live as citizens on the surface of habitable planets and the poor have a lot worse housing arrangements. Derelict space scavengers like you, live of the scrap they can find on derelict space ships. Everybody who isn't yet, dreams to become a citizen one day to live on a planet's surface. That would normally be very difficult to accomplish but you will be offered the chance to Achieve this. You will receive a contract where you have to search for a special derelict spaceship, which nobody has been able to find yet and that is very important for the one handing you the contract. Near the end of the game you will finally be able to locate the exact position of this fabled derelict spaceship.
More information.

And here is some information about a game I knew little about before Gamescom.

Looks like something I would enjoy. Thanks for highlighting it. Never would have seen it otherwise.

Love that comics style thus I'm gonna budge when this gets released.

The card mechanic reminds me of Card Hunter, but in a more complex mature game. Definitely keeping an eye out for this one.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Combat looks like Final Fantasy style, but with cards. The comic book style works well, and is probably a good choice for an indie game like this. I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

The setting concept sounds interesting and I enjoyed the graphical style. I'll wait and see about the card-based system though.

Game was very recently removed from Steam.

Eh? Wasn't aware it was already released.

Why was it removed.

First point: UgoIgo products, these days, pile on animations during the resolution of the turn. Animations that grow fast old as they are unnecessary and repeated ad nauseum. Another way to dilute content.

Second point: it looks like a Darkest Dungeon clone, approach to the art style and art direction similar, similar features, same emphasis on survival etc
This is likely to turn into a bot play product while players keep insisting how unforgiving and punishing the whole stuff is.

Back
Top Bottom