Project Daedalus - Gameplay Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@IndieRetroNews Project Daedalus is a horror themed dungeon crawler and has a new gameplay trailer.

From the same team who brought you Mazes of Karradash, 68k Studios have recently released an updated gameplay trailer for their in development horror dungeon crawler of ' Project Daedalus '. Classed as a creepy crawler with digital artwork by Gaetano Carlucci. This game will be inspired by classic dungeon crawler RPGs from the 90s such as Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master, albeit much more menacing living in a nightmare with environments becoming darker and more disturbing.

[...]
More information.

Thanks for posting this. The trailer doesn't show much to base a judgement on, but the concept is interesting and it looks competent enough. I'll keep an eye on it.

So I looked into the company, 68k Studios. They have two other dungeon crawlers under their belt (Mazes of Karradash parts I and II), which are both phone games. I downloaded the first one out of curiosity - it's a one character first person dungeon crawl with rogue like features such as perma-death. It looks fairly basic but plays well enough and I suspect it's probably quite a fun phone game.

Project Daedelus will be their first attempt at a PC game by the looks of things, but they are looking to keep features such as perma-death in place. The way that works in Mazes of Karradash is that you gradually open up options to create better starting characters based on your overall progress in the dungeon on previous attempts. That's fine for a phone game, but I can't imagine wanting to spend much time on the PC playing that kind of thing. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm slightly less interested now to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom