RPGWatch Feature - Vaporum Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Our Farflame interviewed Fatbot Studios' Matej Zajaeik about their steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum, which is going to be released today.

RPGWatch: Story-driven games with strong narrative are trendy nowadays. How big a role does the story have in Vaporum? Do you have some NPCs and dialogues in the game?

Matej: For me, the story is always the force that drives me forward in any game, once the novelty of the setting, the mechanics, and the enemies fades. And yes, the story plays a major role in Vaporum. We always wanted it such. That's one of the reasons why Vaporum only has a single character with a pre-defined history that you reveal, and not a party of anonymous heroes. With this setup, we were able to tightly involve the character in the storyline and make it, hopefully, interesting.

As for the NPCs and dialogs, yes, you will come to know a few via logs and recordings, with their own personalities and motives. The major ones are fully voiced by quality voice-actors so you don't even need to read that much.

Actually, you don't need to pay attention to the story at all if you just want to have a blast killing enemies and beating puzzles.
More information.

Thanks Farflame.

Cool interview. I like that enemies are quite different from each other and the upgradeable exosuit is an interesting idea for this type of rpg.

The Exosuit idea works out well. You can update it with 2 gadgets to form different synergies and a couple of on-the-fly weapon sets. And you can develop your skills how you want to create your own builds, so it's got that classic RPG stuff covered.

My interest in this game went from little to quite a bit. If the reviews are halfway positive I will buy this game at some point. (I hope the system requirements aren't too tough, my system is getting quite old). Which means that you did a great interview Farflame, and of course the developers did a great job with their answers. They really sold me on their game (in theory).

You'll like it forgottenlor. It's better than it has any business being. Surprise little gem for me.

Masterful art direction, superb atmosphere, refreshing creative design and a good strong GUI makes this beauty a MUSTBUY!

That stuff is cool but the combat is also excellent and IMO, the most fun part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom