Stellar Tactics - Progress Update

Is it just me or has this game come such a long way? It appears to have insane amount of content now.

Last edited:
Is it just me or has this game come such a long way? It appears to have insane amount of content now.

No, pretty sure the game has come a long way with or without you. :)

Space combat seems to be locked to a flat plane, sadly. :(

The dev does appear to be a workhorse.

2-3 ship combat is going to be in a plane anyway. I don't think it loses too much.

That's not entirely true. In games like Homeworld or Star Wolves, the ships are aligned to the horizontal plane like submarines, but can rise and fall above it, tilting a bit in the process. Having weapons on top of your ship, or armor on the bottom, is important. Other smaller ships aren't limited in this way at all, and can exploit weaknesses.

Adding verticality to a game usually improves it. For instance, compare Doom to Wolfenstein, or compare Underrail to 99% of other isometric RPGs.

[edit]

The added element of verticality is a good thing in ELEX as well.

Last edited:
That's not entirely true. In games like Homeworld or Star Wolves.

Ooh, Star Wolves. I highly enjoyed the only one I've played and kept hoping for a sequel but as far as I know none arrived…

Russia is weird. Developers keep vanishing. Other games waiting for real sequel include king bounty and space rangers. Maybe they keep getting drafted for the Ukraine non-war ?

Ooh, Star Wolves. I highly enjoyed the only one I've played and kept hoping for a sequel but as far as I know none arrived…

The Star Wolves sequels tried to do the whole open world thing, and weren't entirely successful (mainly due to repetitive level design IMO). In the past I've made maps for space games algorithmically and have not yet found a good solution for creating maps that look organic/natural/interesting. The best maps are still created by a talented artist.

Back
Top Bottom