Stellar Tactics - 3 dimensional Space Combat

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Stellar Tactics features a change to how space combat works.

You asked for it!

Well, some of you did.

Many of you have asked that I remove the constraint of flying only on a 2D plane in space. For a long time I didn't want commit to this until I had combat in and started play testing the system. I'm happy to say I woke up this morning at 5 AM with an idea that fixed a few problems I had with vector math related to space combat and decided to implement it. The combat patch will include full 3D flight for space exploration and combat.

Thank you all for your feedback. As always, I'm listening!
More information.

A nice addition...and he sure turned it out fast.

Yeah - scary fast. But it's early access so I guess he can live dangerously.

It's great to watch the development of this title! All so promising and the game is already fun to play.
I hope he takes his time and doesn`t burn out on us!

I was complaining about lack of 3D combat earlier. But the new method still looks confusing. Originally, the dev said the combat would be like Star Wolves, which itself is almost identical to Homeworld. (E.g. move the mouse and click to pick a lateral destination. Hold down shift at the same time to move the destination up and down. With lots of indicators to tell you where you're going. I think Nexus: The Jupiter Incident worked the same way?) But if you only ever control one ship at a time, then there may be no real advantage to this system. Not sure how I feel about all this. I'm not really interested in single ship combat. Might as well just play Freelancer, Rogue Galaxy, Starpoint Gemini, or other games in that style if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom