Steam - The Top Sellers of 2017

Great to see D:OS2 so high up! Sad to see Dishonored 2 so far down. Weird to see NieR: Automata do so well and have Square just flat-out ignore all the porting issues.

So DOS2 sold roughly as much than pubg? Lol.

EDIT: Ok I get it, it's Steam sells, not Steam keys sells. Woo for pubg that's huge.

I really, really need to play DOS2. I actually own it but haven't had time.

Interesting list btw.

Wow, GTAV still up. More than 4 years after release. That's insane.

At the top, it says the list is based on "gross revenue"... so how are there 2 "free to play" games at the Platinum level? How would any free game be on the list at all? Does this list count microtransactions/in-game-purchases? Ugh.

Friend of mine have blown 200€ on warframe in the 3 weeks since he started playing it and it don't look like he'll be slowing down anytime soon.
It's scary how much money the free to play games bring in and what that means for the future. Unless of course the courts smack it all down now that battlefront got the boulder rolling.

As others have said it's awesome to see D:OS 2 so high up on sales though.

I felt the same about Skyrim; especially as it now gets separated into Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Skyrim VR, etc. The game is 6+ years old. Stop buying it peeps!

I want a new one and if they can milk this forever....

It is nice to see a RPG governed by more old school principles be up there on the top. Even did better than Fallout 4 which was best selling Bethesda game yet (in the same time period).

On that note, I have yet to play that RPG. It is in my backlog along with quite a few other good game.

Hmmm, the list is not accurate at all according to steamspy. I never trust Valve, so wanted to see what was really being sold and/or being played.

As expected, the shooters rule over all and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is Lord and Master. Neither D:OS or Witcher 3 are in the top 25 list of being played. Fallout 4 and Skyrim are both in it barely. I'm totally shocked that Skyrim stays in the lists after so long. Stop paying and playing it folks so we can get TES 6 :)

Hmmm, the list is not accurate at all according to steamspy. I never trust Valve, so wanted to see what was really being sold and/or being played.

As expected, the shooters rule over all and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is Lord and Master. Neither D:OS or Witcher 3 are in the top 25 list of being played. Fallout 4 and Skyrim are both in it barely. I'm totally shocked that Skyrim stays in the lists after so long. Stop paying and playing it folks so we can get TES 6 :)
It is top seller list, not top played list.

I hope it's accurate. I'd love to see more RPGs hit the top area. I was hoping Elex might crack the list somewhere but it probably came out too late in the year.

Wow, GTAV still up. More than 4 years after release. That's insane.

I agree. I can’t figure that one out. Actually, it’s probably the micro transactions.

I wish they would tell us the $ ranges each category represents.

So DOS2 sold roughly as much than pubg? Lol.

Impressive especially considering that D:OS II has a higher price ...

Personally I love D:OS2 and also the Legend of Heroes games (though the ones on the list were 2016 for me on the PS Vita, Trails of Cold Steel 2 was 2017 ... also really good).

I hope it's accurate. I'd love to see more RPGs hit the top area. I was hoping Elex might crack the list somewhere but it probably came out too late in the year.

I think they should make this a rolling 12 month list.
It would give the chance of late releases a chance to be on there.

A game released in late December will never make it.

I think they should make this a rolling 12 month list.
It would give the chance of late releases a chance to be on there.

A game released in late December will never make it.

Maybe not, but they might make in to next years list instead (Warhammer:Total War and it's sequel are both on the list fit example). I agree with you though, a rolling list wold make much more sense.

Glad to see DOS2 up there, although I presume it's still dwarfed in sales in comparison to behemoths like pubg. Also nice to see several other turn based games in the top categories.

Now, I wonder what the big devs are discussing? "Wow, that Divinty game sold well, why? Must be the addicting loot system..."

That seems like a relative failure for Dishonoured 2, considering all the high review scores and the amount of advertising.

Back
Top Bottom