Mass Effect - Texture Pack Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN reports that the long running Mass Effect texture pack MEUITM made by CDAMJC got an update:

Hello Mass Effect modders and mod users,

I'm trying to fix some of the "uglies" in ME1 and give it the polished look the epic story line deserves. So far I have updated/re-textured: Light and Shadow Maps on walls and floors, Kaidan, Tali, Garrus, Wrex, Liara, Saren, Benezia, Udina, Council, Anderson, Joker, Chakwas, Geth, Colonists, Scientists, Keepers, Normandy, Mako, many NPC clothings, Geth ship, volus, hanar, elcor, some armors and default character armors including N7 armor (of characters re-textured). This was Acheived by texture editing (up-scaling, re-painting, adding details, adding texture, and rebuilding normal maps). Finally, but probably my favorite, I made a new Film Grain Texture to replace the muddy Film Grain with a much less obnoxious ME2 "looking" effect. Now you can keep film grain on and still have a crisp picture.

Requests are always welcome :)

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

There is IMO nothing wrong with outdated graphics in ME1. Things if modded that would make the game better are something else.

- Shepard has X-shaped curvature of the legs or the animation is so bad it looks like he does. He got "corrective treatment" in sequels so it should be corrected in ME1 too.

- Rubbish console loading times that last for several minutes slipped into PC port. It's ridiculous and those stupid elevators should be fixed.

I do respect better textures mod, but cmon. It's just - cosmetics.

Last time I played I used a mod from the Nexus that cut down the time required for elevator rides.

It's nice to see the modding community is still very active.

Back
Top Bottom