Seven - Review @ One Angry Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
One Angry Gamer checked out Seven: The Days Long Gone:

Seven: The Days Long Gone Review: Murder by Numbers

Seven: The Days Long Gone is an ambitious kind of game. So ambitious really that it’s taken me something like two months to review it. This is largely because whilst I find the mash up of different genres and ideas of great interest, the game ebbs and flows very erratically in terms of execution.

Pitched somewhere between an open world, isometric stealth adventure and a sequential, mission based tactics game like the old Commandos series (with significant doses of RPG thrown in,) Seven feels unique right from the very beginning. This mash up of different genres doesn’t actually shine through for a while, so instead it is the Blade Runner meets Shadowrun style story that first captures the imagination.
[...]
In the end, despite a few minor nagging doubts, I found myself fairly satisfied by Seven. It deserves applause for having such ambition and for executing to a very high standard in terms of script, visuals, story, voice acting and general gameplay. Teriel is an interesting main character and the flexibility with which he can be built and rebuilt to suit any occasion is great, as is the range of options for addressing each mission. I can’t recommend it for everyone, but for those who love isometric RPG’s or stealth games with personality, then Seven is a great option.

-> Try It

More information.

Don't get this game if you expect a true RPG because at best it's a "stealth action RPG" and certainly not a fully fledged one.

It is a bit clunky as well. I've posted about this on Steam but never got any answer. See, in this game you may not be able to backstab a guard and kill him outright but you can choke him and render him unconscious. Once he is unconscious you can take his armour off his back but you can't pick his weapons. If you leave him alone the guard will resume his guarding duties in his underwear. If you decide to finish him while he is unconscious you will only take a chunk of his lifebar and wake him up. You won't be able to pick up his weapons without first killing him.

You may not be worried by things like that but I don't think it's the ideal implementation and l wasn't trying to "break" the game. It is a stealth game, so it's only fair to assume that at one point you're going to incapacitate a guard.

From what I've played (six hours) the lore and story seem nice but advertising this game as an RPG and bringing up comparisons with isometric RPGs is a bit off the mark. If your expectations are not checked you will probably be disappointed.

About 25+ hours in. They've patched it up nicely since release, up to 1.06 i believe.
Highly recommend it. Alot of side quests and exploration besidese doing the main quest.
Little slow starting but be patient. Once you understand the mechanics and gameplay it's a blast.
You can't beat the price either.

Back
Top Bottom