• Trails in the Sky the 3rd
  • Disgaea 2
Best Expansions
  • Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth
  • Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath
  • Path of Exile: War for the Atlas

More information.

Last edited:
LOL, people hating DOS2 are throwing a tantrum there... priceless.

Granted, I've only played the demo but I'm not sure how Prey can qualify as an RPG (let alone as the second best of 2017). Apparently Chris Avellone being involved is enough for an FPS to become an RPG these days, Bethesda should give him a call for their next game...

I haven't played it yet, but Prey doesn't really look like a RPG. It is supposed to be a good game, but RPG is streched a bit far.

The mainstream appearance of the Codex voting is likely due to the fact that everybody was able to vote, registered or not.

Where's Grimoire...?

D:OS2 is certainly the best RPG I played last year and I continue to play it. 154 hours logged so far and running one single-player game (still messing around in 2nd area) and running a multiplayer game with friends. Once I finish, I plan to start modding. This might end up as my game of the decade, when all is said and done.

I wanted to like The first Original Sin, but it was too linear and Diablo-like for me. Couldn't stand the loot system and the fact that half the game was spent running back and forth between vendors. But I can see how some (many) loved it. I'm giving the sequel a pass.

It seems to have a special area of the chart all to itself
http://www.rpgcodex.net/gallery/15985.png

It seems to have a number of die hard fans and haters. Personally its on my wish list, and having read the Codex review, I thought a balance patch and manual would be the prerequisites for my purchase. Since neither have appeared, my money remains in my wallet. The game's rating has taken a beating over the months as well slowly going from positive to mixed as little has occurred since the month long flurry of post release patched.

I had fun with it without the manual, there's a load of info available on the web (although some of the mechanics remain opaque - to me at least - so it will be helpful if it ever does appear). There were a few balance patches early on but he's still talking about a big incoming patch (and it needs it), so probably worth waiting for that….but not holding your breath of course! I'm surprised to see it down in 12th in any case, I thought it deserves to be higher. But that's the fun of polls I guess.

The RPGCodex loved Prey? LOL

ca626335-24fd-41db-a78b-26c911603afc_text_hi.gif

I wanted to like The first Original Sin, but it was too linear and Diablo-like for me. Couldn't stand the loot system and the fact that half the game was spent running back and forth between vendors. But I can see how some (many) loved it. I'm giving the sequel a pass.
Same, it looked like a game I would enjoy, but I couldn't get into it. Not sure if my reasons are exactly the same as yours but I'm not willing to try the second one...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Same, it looked like a game I would enjoy, but I couldn't get into it. Not sure if my reasons are exactly the same as yours but I'm not willing to try the second one…

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I tried getting into the first DOS and I found the writing so irksome and cheesy that I had to give up (and I did like Divinity 2).

The puns in DOS 1 are just painful.

DOS 2 is so much better in that respect it's no longer an issue so if you're like me I would suggest giving it another chance.

Someone needs to have a word with the Codex charting dept. That thing's mostly illegible.

I really enjoyed the first Original Sin, and couldn't stand the second. I finished it, but doubt I'd ever replay it.

The result that surprises me is that Path of Exile. Isn't that an online game?

Give it a try if you see it on a sale or something. I could not finish the first city of the first because of the writing, the back and forth without any good reason and so on ..

The 2 is a massive improvement on everything and could be well worth your time.

Back
Top Bottom