Grim Dawn - Forgotten Gods Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Invasion reports that the first screenshots for the Forgotten Gods expansion to Grim Dawn have been revealed, as well as some backstory.

Crate Entertainment’s second expansion for their ARPG Grim Dawn is called Forgotten Gods and today the revealed the first shots for the Korvan Plateau.

This new desert area looks great and Crate has shared some backstory along with the first shots as seen below.

[...]
More information.

I like the game etc, though what those screenshots show couldn't be more underwhelming.

Really, dirt paths divided by cartoonish rocks with some trees here and there, all of which look bland and generic. It's so generic those environments out of context could be mistaken for countless "yet another game".

Oh "but there's a ruin in one of the images" yes a bog standard ruin that looks like it may as well have been purchased assets, joy.

To top it off there's already similar environments in the game.

From a game that has some really great settings and vistas, this isn't just underwhelming, it's disappointing.

Seems like a solid sign they might need to move onto something else if they aren't adding something distinct and worthwhile.

I really, really enjoyed Grim Dawn for the first chapter. After that, it was just same old, same old and I quit. Now I've replayed Ch. 1 several times but I'm always bored before Chapter 2 gets going good. I've finished PoE and Diablo 3 but Grim Dawn just doesn't grab me enough to play the whole story. Still got my money's worth by far.

Yes, I also enjoyed the first chapter most, it nicely conveyed this melancholic atmosphere. And the screen shots do remind me of some locations in chapter 2... hm. Well, nothing that will keep me from returning I guess. :D

I played through the game twice, the second time on expert but it became very repetitive after chapter 1 both times and the Expert mode, IMO, didn't add much. Yes, it was worth the less than $8.00 price tag I paid for it and I had fun but I have to say I am glad I didn't pay full price. I realize RPGs come in may flavors so to each their own.

I wonder how much more patches & expansions will be released? It's starting to remind me of another Online ARPG game Exile, but at least you can play offline with this game.

Back
Top Bottom