Black Geyser - Listen to the Music

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In the latest update for Black Geyser, a music mix from the game is made available.

Here is a music mix from the OST of Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness. (Don't forget we have a soundtrack Add-On for €7!) The mix includes clips from the following songs:

• A Peaceful and Prosperous Land / The Vineyard (full song from 0:00)
• In the Wilderness at Night / Night Wandering (clip from 3:00)
• The Red Damsel / Tavern (clip from 3:16)
• Temple of Alnarius (clip from 3:36)
• Knights of Isilbright / Carnival (full song from 3:49)
More information.

Music sounds ok, if somewha genericly going for the "fantasy feel".

Though I'm still not convinced this whole thing is not a scam. It looks and feels like a PoE clone, and I've even come across comments saying some of the animations used on the kickstarter page are from free Unity assets packs. The main draw - the greed mechanic - sounds overly ambitious and would be a good surprise if they pull off even a third of all the things promised about it.

Most of all, I find it rather absurd that for a game more than a year off from release, they want the paltry sum of 50K. They've mentioned a 15 man team, are they like working for free in the rather expensive (if gorgeous) city of Vienna? If they've got outside funding, or are doing it themselves, why the kickstarter at all? It won't bring the major publicity they could have gotter even 2 years ago, and seems to hardly have raised their visibility.

game more than a year off from release, they want the paltry sum of 50K. They've mentioned a 15 man team, are they like working for free in the rather expensive (if gorgeous) city of Vienna? If they've got outside funding, or are doing it themselves, why the kickstarter at all? It won't bring the major publicity they could have gotter even 2 years ago, and seems to hardly have raised their visibility.
You can read about his in the Why Kickstarter section on their KS campaign page.

As if PoE wasn't a clone itself? ;)

More like blatant ripoff. They seem to have changed the interface to deliberately look like Deadfire. Did they licence the tech from Obs, it can't be just the result of using of Unity.

You can read about his in the Why Kickstarter section on their KS campaign page.

Suuure. They didn't want to be restricted by publishers, but rather to depend on independant investors, who after 5 years suddenly want a paltry KS campaign that would barely pay for itself and the physical rewards to unleash the final round of money?

Well, I din't claim this to be true. I just forwarded you to their statement answering your question.

However in my opinion it is believable. Warhorse with Kingdom Come had a similar approach (on a different scale).

That said I'm as well disappointed by their KS campaign. I had hoped they would show more content proving that the development indeed is nearly finished. Backing them is a bit of a gamble.

More like blatant ripoff. They seem to have changed the interface to deliberately look like Deadfire. Did they licence the tech from Obs, it can't be just the result of using of Unity.
Feargus Urquhart from Obsidian gave suggestions and help to the developers.

Link -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/2176564

Frankly I'm not going into another debate over this game.

Just check out past threads.
That said I'm as well disappointed by their KS campaign. I had hoped they would show more content proving that the development indeed is nearly finished. Backing them is a bit of a gamble.
Agreed but kickstarter was always a gamble not a guarantee.

Agreed but kickstarter was always a gamble not a guarantee.
Sure, but with different odds.
Backing inXile, Obsidian or Larian is by far a lower risk than supporting unkown studios with mediocre campaigns.

Backing inXile, Obsidian or Larian is by far a lower risk than supporting unkown studios with mediocre campaigns.
As I said I agree above but those developers are well known with talent to get the game done. An unknown studio with five guys is hardly comparable to them.

Bottom-line as you said mediocre campaign that got a third of the money as larger comparable kickstarters. If this game flops I basically lost the cost of a pizza delivery.

So you see I'm not very worried.:)

If this game flops I basically lost the cost of a pizza delivery.

Well said, same here. A large pizza though… for european standards at least. ;)

It's not about pizza. While I do find the pitch mildly intriguing (compared to similarly looking games :)) and wish the team to prove me wrong, more than a couple of things don't add up. Investors funding the thing for 5! years this far demanding an interest gauge Kickstarter, that at this scale proves almost nothing. Most troubling, a game a year from release not showing much beyong a couple of short videos of mostly generic stuff, and not their main feature, the greed mechanic?

As I said I agree above but those developers are well known with talent to get the game done. An unknown studio with five guys is hardly comparable to them.

Bottom-line as you said mediocre campaign that got a third of the money as larger comparable kickstarters. If this game flops I basically lost the cost of a pizza delivery.

The purpose of crowdfunding is the same as microloans - its to support starving artists that can't necessarily get funding to produce unique work that is otherwise not that commercial.

The big companies can get their own funding through loans and investors and make money with marketing and distribution.

It's not about pizza. While I do find the pitch mildly intriguing (compared to similarly looking games :)) and wish the team to prove me wrong, more than a couple of things don't add up. Investors funding the thing for 5! years this far demanding an interest gauge Kickstarter, that at this scale proves almost nothing. Most troubling, a game a year from release not showing much beyong a couple of short videos of mostly generic stuff, and not their main feature, the greed mechanic?

It's entirely about pizza. You just don't realize it yet.

It's entirely about pizza. You just don't realize it yet.
Yep but people love to see it as more then that.

To me it's just disposable income I will not miss if this game doesn't deliver.
Well said, same here. A large pizza though… for european standards at least.
Depends on who you order from in the States. In this case it would have to be Domino's or Papa Johns, and not my preferred choice. As I usually spend more at better places.:biggrin:

It looks and feels like a PoE clone

And Baldur's Gate
And Icewind Dale
And Konung
And Planescape/Torment
And Pathfinder:Kingmaker
And Tyranny
And Arcanum
And Lionheart

That's kind of the point of Infinity Engine style RPGs ;)

And Baldur's Gate
And Icewind Dale
And Konung
And Planescape/Torment
And Pathfinder:Kingmaker
And Tyranny
And Arcanum
And Lionheart

That's kind of the point of Infinity Engine style RPGs ;)

Actually, Kingmaker does NOT feel like IE clone. And I didn't think PS:T feel anything remotely similar to BG or IWD.

And I didn't think PS:T feel anything remotely similar to BG or IWD.

I don't think that's what he meant. PS:T is very different as far as the atmosphere and setting, but it's nearly identical when it comes to the interface and gameplay. All of the IE games were.

Actually, Kingmaker does NOT feel like IE clone. And I didn't think PS:T feel anything remotely similar to BG or IWD.

Heh, I never said they were in the same league.

Is it party based? Is it real-time with pause? Is it somewhat story driven? Is it a D20 system or some sort of clone of it?

Are there little green circles around your party's characters, and little red circles around the enemies?

Doesn't matter if i'm playing Warcraft 1 or Supreme Commander. It's still inspired by Dune 2 (yes I know there were similar RTSs before. Let us not get pedantic).

Or you can not buy pizza and spend it on something else you like more ;)
I don't believe there's something that people like more than pizza.

Back
Top Bottom