Bethesda Softworks - Teasing Fallout

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamewatcher Bethesda has tweeted an image that teases something Fallout related.

UPDATE #1: Sadly the new announcement will have nothing to do with Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire developer Obsidian, as they tweeted the following:

ORIGINAL STORY: Bethesda Game Studios, the publisher's internal development team and the creators of Fallout 3 & 4 and the Elder Scrolls series, are teasing an announcement - which seems to be Fallout-related.

You can check out the tweet below, which is an animated gif that shows the 'Please Stand By' television screen from the US around 1950s - which would strongly indicate that this announcement is Fallout, as that's the same time period. It's also the same kind of quirky nostalgic humour as the Fallout series. Oh yes… and Bethesda's Fallout titles also used this exact animation as a loading screen.

[…]

Thanks WolfGrimDark!
See our forum thread here

More information.

Gamewatcher think the most likely explanation is a Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition to mark ten years from release. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and all, but does the world really need one of those...?

Interesting. Are they going to make new Fallout before Elder Scrolls?
I am very interested in both. Fallout 4 was the best one from both. Skyrim was brilliant too.

Thanks Silver, interesting article .
I usually enjoy Bethesda games but I have a bad feeling about this "brand new direction."

I very much doubt this will be exciting in any way. It's bound to either be some anniversary edition, online game or mobile game. I'd be shocked if it was FO5.

I really hope it's a spin-off akin to New Vegas. AFAIK Bethesda has two internal studios, so there is a possibility for something good. I think it's too early for Fallout 5.

I pray for all things holy or otherwise, be it a Fallout Switch remaster.

Schreier was asked later if the project was Starfield but replied that, “Nope, that’s something else”.
Well at least Starfeild has been confirmed.

All we had was forum posts and an IP registration two years ago. As for the new Fallout Spin-off I'll bet my money on a Doom styled shooter made with the id Tech 6 engine..

Whatever it is,it is going to be either underwhelming or bad or both.
The only announcement that would make me excited would be them selling the IP to someone else.

Well at least Starfeild has been confirmed.

All we had was forum posts and an IP registration two years ago. As for the new Fallout Spin-off I'll bet my money on a Doom styled shooter made with the id Tech 6 engine..

That guy is just a news editor for Kotaku. I wouldn't take what he says as proof of something.

That guy is just a news editor for Kotaku. I wouldn't take anything he says as proof of something.
Sigh good catch as I qouted that from the link in the news-post.:disappointed:

… and here it is. Could be an online spinoff.

No details are known yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an expanded Fallout Shelter.

Back
Top Bottom