Nioh 2 - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gamerant Nioh 2 has been surprise announced at E3.

One of the largest and most surprising announcements of the PlayStation E3 2018 press conference is a sequel to 2017 hit Nioh. Nioh 2 was announced with a short cinematic trailer featuring glowing red demons, intense-looking samurai, and what looked to be a portal into hell. No release information or supported platforms were revealed as part of the Nioh 2 announcement, though it can be assumed that Koei Tecmo is publishing.

[...]

[...]
More information.

The trailer was kind of useless but having said that Nioh is on my list of games to try one of these days - and one big plus is this was one of the very few companies that listend to customer complaints on the interface and actually fixed a lot of them so in my book that is a HUGE plus (these comments are in regards to the PC port).

Is it true that the first game is just another dark souls clone?

The Nioh world is made up of levels with no relation to each other but they're acceptably made for a console action game and the action is good. Much more twitch reflexes needed than Dark Souls and its open-ish worlds of "opens from the other side" doors that form the inter-connectivity people prize so highly about the DS1 maps but less secret doors to come back and unlock later in the game.

I absolutely liked Nioh 1 - time to upgrade my PC for Nioh 2!!

You need to upgrade PC for *that*?
Are you still using x386?

I had an 386 SX 20 only while my friends had monsters like a DX 40. :|

• Processor: Intel Core™ i7 4770K or over
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: GTX 1060 VRAM 6GB or over
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 100GB available space

well my current rig fr '15 can play the first game's rec'd specs, so we'll see about N-2. I need to get on board with a DDR4-compatible build sometime..but RAM prices haven't fallen and my built-for-Witcher-III still runs everything well enough.

Dear lord, 100 gb's?? And probably most wasted on useless audio and silly unnecessary graphic stuff, sigh.
Probably as audio,video,and textures are not compressed on most Triple A games nowadays. Just look at games from a ten year period to see the results.

I wouldn't mind that amount of space being used if, say, the game was an absolute minimum of one hundred hours at least to complete it. But wasting that kind of space on audio and useless graphic junk just rubs me in the wrongest of ways.

Back
Top Bottom