Grim Dawn - Expansion Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some expansion screenshots for Grim Dawn at Worthplaying.

In the Forgotten Gods expansion, you will journey beyond the bounds of the Erulan Empire, traversing burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to reach the sun beaten ruins of a city with secrets that should never have been disturbed. The flames of a forgotten god have been rekindled, sending ripples through the Eldritch realm and sowing terror even among the Witch Gods themselves.

Featuring a thrilling new chapter in Grim Dawn’s story, a new gameplay mode, quality of life features, hundreds of new unique items and more, the Forgotten Gods expansion will be an exciting densely-packed new addition, whether you are a dedicated player or just starting out with Grim Dawn.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

'Ashes of Malmouth' is the first expansion; 'Forgotten Gods' will be the second expansion. I feel Crate has done a great job and looking forward to this new expansion.

Last edited:
Sorry but this will be milked just as Titan Quest twelve years from now.:smartass:

Yes I know the Titan Quest was sold just making a point.

Never thought I would see the day on RPGwatch when people complained about a good game getting more content. Though I guess there aren't people griping for everything.

I think it's a good thing. We get more, which is always something I like in my games and the developer doesn't have to start over from scratch.

Never thought I would see the day on RPGwatch when people complained about a good game getting more content. Though I guess there aren't people griping for everything.

I think it's a good thing. We get more, which is always something I like in my games and the developer doesn't have to start over from scratch.
Well I could go on ever try a game called Path of Exile?

I'll keep it short that developer milks a hell of a lot more with their game. It's no wonder the industry loves the GaaS model as plenty of idiots support the model.:p

I like to see them try something new - sort of like grimlock folks currently making a new game. And yea I played the heck out of titan quest and I consider this just more of the same. Having said that I will say that their expansions tend to add a lot of meat and be good value (you get a lot both in content and quality for very few $)….

Last edited:
the game is great and deserves few xpacs, it's not "milking" as long the quality bar is set high enough.

Oh my three precious gamer snowflakes so far. Wonder if more will post.:rolleyes:

images

Anyway not you as he makes a good point with his post above.:)

I want some of this action! ;)

Nah, don't need to piss on games.

GD is not for me, and I consider it the weakest of the recent "big" ARPGs - but it's great if you're into its strengths.

More expansions is hardly a bad thing. Can't really blame them for milking it a little.

People love it and they're paying for it - that's cool ;)

So which one is better? This or Diablo?

Depends.

The Original 2 Diablos were unprecedented during their time. Ambiance and gameplay like that was never seen before, as they basically created the ARPG genre.

As for the more modern offerings (Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn), I can say with conviction that Grim Dawn is, hands down, the best. I'm super excited for this expansion as Crate has shown great care and love for their craft. I have more than a hundred hours of Grim Dawn play time and I'm waiting for the expansion to jump back in, whereas I just can't stand the other ARPGs out there. I was not able to finish Diablo 3 out of boredom, and that is saying a lot as I just loved Diablo 1 and 2.

Of course, that is just me. There are lots of folks that would say otherwise.

Depends on what you like. I actually prefer titan quest but it is a simpler more compress story than grim dawn. Diablo was ok i guess when it first came out but today it is very plain. My problem with grim dawn is that it is almost too dense and it has some scale issue depending on your build. Titan quest had some challenges but it seemed finer tuned - as i sort of said in the first sentence - from my perspective - titan quest is a good thing - and grim dawn is too much of a good thing....

So which one is better? This or Diablo?

Arguably, the "big 3" in terms of the current western Diablo clones include Grim Dawn, Path of Exile and Diablo 3.

I would say they each have their own advantages.

To boil it down, I'd say PoE wins when it comes to character customization and unique builds. Diablo 3 wins when it comes to the moment-to-moment gameplay and production values. Grim Dawn is sort of middle-of-the-road - and I don't think it does anything particularly well - and the worst sin is the drone-like and boring combat.

But it has a great dual-class system and strong loot progression as well.

Too many expansions; time to make a new ip :)

Are you serious? Two expansions is too many? Can't help but wonder what you consider the number of expansions WoW and EQ have. XD

Yes love the how dare you not like what I like comments so your wrong.:p

Back
Top Bottom