This Is the Police 2 - Releasing August 2nd

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that This Is the Police 2 will release August 2nd. The game features turn-based combat in the XCOM mold which is new for the series.

THQ Nordic announced today that corrupt cop simulator This Is the Police 2 will be released for PC on August 2. In a slightly unusual move, it did not put out a new trailer to "celebrate" the news, but if you haven't seen the gameplay video from April, I'm here to help you get caught up.

This Is the Police is a management-adventure about a corruptible cop in a dirty world that showed promise but didn't quite live up to it. For This Is the Police 2, developer Weappy kept the lead character but moved the action to a very different sort of locale and added an XCOM-style layer of turn-based tactical combat.

[...]
More information.

Looks promising despite the first game being lackluster.

It also releases on my Birthday so a good gift to myself.:cake:

I remember mass bans on Sims forums where I survived… And when people were warning others to be careful because of the police. Yes, moderators were being called the police by fans. Okay, trolls. :)

This game looks like exactly that. That's not fun and I'm not amused.
Next!

my Birthday
Here's an early cookie and beware of facebook. :D

the game has good writing, good athmosphere and cool gameplay ideas.
BUT< TOOO many mechanics and TOO MANY IDEAS make it feel tedious.
GAME DESIGNERS, WAKE UP !
stop piling layers and layers of complexity, thats not what makes great games.
player engagement is more important than clean crisp smart mechanics

Was that the first one or your the second one ? This is the first time i've heard of the game not clear to myself if it will be interesting/fun. Guess I'll wait and see.

the game has good writing, good athmosphere and cool gameplay ideas.
BUT< TOOO many mechanics and TOO MANY IDEAS make it feel tedious.
GAME DESIGNERS, WAKE UP !

Can you shoot unarmed black people in this game? If not then it isn’t an adequate simulation of police in America.

This really isn’t the time to release this type of game.

Can you shoot unarmed black people in this game? If not then it isn’t an adequate simulation of police in America.

The game is about a corruptible police officer. It is up to you how the department is run however. I liked this bit:
"Your setup affects your playing style. If you're in the luxurious position to have good cops and good equipment, you'll find tactical missions less challenging," he said. "If all you have are drunken bums the puzzles become more challenging."

Ok I watched the video; the music is fine (imho) and the game actually looks interesting if the rest of the pieces fit together. Also for dlijoe; get real. Yes there is a real problem but I don't think it is quite the way you portray it.

Player's engagment/involvement is a measure of the past. Today, it is about being less engaging, less involving.

They add layers for sure, it does not mean complexity.

The first one was about allocating officers in real time over a structured day (the structure could be learned as it was not randomized)

The approach was mostly off hand.

They add a layer to make it on hand. Nothing indicates that interventions are connected to time. This hand on approach removes the management of time.
Plus, very often, a hand on approach yields more favourable results than off hand approaches (in which players must infer a result)

It will be lengthier for sure. More complex, not a given.

One could argue the opposite. Its a great time to release it.

It would be nice for some of the facebook warriors to get even a momentary taste of how making tough decisions in a split second is not easy. Of course the hardest thing most people face today is which emoji best completes their tweet.

Both Igor and Hugo promote that kind of products.

It would be nice for some of the facebook warriors to get even a momentary taste of how making tough decisions in a split second is not easy. Of course the hardest thing most people face today is which emoji best completes their tweet.

Same split seconds that are used when it comes to explain the inability to place inputs in RT. Which are very long split seconds. So long they amount to several seconds.

Tough decisions usually are tough because of the consequences they come with.

Taking a qualifying penalty kick during the WC is a tough decision for the kicker and the goal keeper. It comes with immediate and heavy consequences, players are held accountable.
All things that miss from the police officer tough decision making.

As to FB warriors and others, it might be dangerous to tempt them as they might get addicted to taking those tough consequence free decisions, so much they might ask for the extension of it. More tough decisions.

The issue is that the extension of a privilege usually jeopardizes the sustainability of the privilege. Because killing people with little to no consequences in a civil society is a privilege.

The original started off really strong but got tedious very quickly. My big problem though was that you never find out what actually happened when you sent your police out. You might get a call about a mysterious or exciting sounding crime situation and you'd pick the cops to send out to it, but you'd just get a generic "success" or "failure" as a result. If someone died you'd never find out how or why. It just wasn't very interesting in practice.

Weird. It seemed like events were concluded by text, including false alerts.

The original started off really strong but got tedious very quickly. My big problem though was that you never find out what actually happened when you sent your police out. You might get a call about a mysterious or exciting sounding crime situation and you'd pick the cops to send out to it, but you'd just get a generic "success" or "failure" as a result. If someone died you'd never find out how or why. It just wasn't very interesting in practice.

Yes, I agree, the game had a good premise but then turned out to simply be sending out people on missions that essentially were all the same. Hopefully, this tactical addition makes the second one better.

I never actually finished the first game...

Back
Top Bottom