Ghost of a Tale - Engine Upgraded

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Ghost of a Tale brings improved lighting and shadows due to an upgraded Unity engine.

Patch Release 7.26 (upgraded engine + better shadows!)
Hello everyone! Here's a new patch release which brings us to version 7.26. It's mostly a maintenance patch, although behind the scenes we've upgraded the game's engine itself (from Unity 5.5 to 2017.4). As a consequence, performance and visual quality have gotten a boost.

Most notably the lighting quality has been greatly improved. The sun's light and shadows now progress smoothly throughout the duration of the day. If you remember before it was advancing abruptly and remained static for 10 seconds, then quickly advanced again and stopped, etc...

Enjoy! :)

Fixed:

• A couple of holes in the sets geometry.
  • Some set sectioning issues on the shore.
  • Tilo's hood can sometimes go through the top of his head.
Changed:

• Major upgrade of the engine.
  • Optimization pass in preparation of console release.
  • Added a new visual option for bloom.
  • Light and shadows from the sun now move smoothly throughout the day.
  • Sunsets and sunrises as well as the game's overall shadows quality have been improved.
More information.

Sigh another game I haven't even finished yet. Glad to see it still gets improvements.

On my wish list and as usual waiting a long time gives you a better game! (For cheaper)

Looks like the fate of Unity-based games now is to get updates each time the engine is improved. I suppose that's better than the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom