Gamescom - Things To Do, Stuff To See

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This year we will be heading out to Gamescom again and we would like to learn from you, our visitors, who we should pay a visit and what questions you want to be asked.

Obviously there is just so much time, so the number of visits is limted, but we will make a selection using a healthy mix of personal interests and interests from our visitors.

More information.

Here is your chance to have some influence on who we will be seeing and what we are going to ask at Gamescom.

Would like to know what projects Larian is working on. Rumor is 2 or 3 different games with unknown subject matter or titles.

Also would be interesting to know how Brian Fargo will handle Bards Tale series if iV is successful. Specifically he has stated he would be retiring after Wasteland 3 does this mean the end of Bards Tale (and Wasteland) series or will he be working on them while retired if they are successful ?

Is there an easily accessible list of what developers are going to be there? I can't seem to find one.

Is there an easily accessible list of what developers are going to be there? I can't seem to find one.
No there isn't a reliable list, especially as developers are not listed, but their publishers are.

Just some, based on last year's visit and from the top of my head:

Focus Home

• GreedFall
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • The Surge 2
CD Project Red

• Cyberpunk 2077
Larian Studios

• Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition??
My.com

• Pathfinder Kingmaker
Kalypso Media

• Shadows Awakening
1C

• Deep Sky Derelict
Bethesda

• Fallout 76

There are probably some smaller devs going to be there as well, as well as other big devs.
Maybe Logic Artists has a new Expeditions game?
Deep Silver will be there. Don't know what they have on their list.

Don't know if InXile is going to be there.

Anyway, at the moment, this is more about having a list of games you think might be there and what you would like to know about them.

Bandai Namco will bring 11 games there
Also confirmed:
CD Projekt RED
Otherside Entertainment
Warhorse Studios
Ubisoft
Playdius

Will Otherside Entertainment be there???? Myrthos, you could get us some news about System Shock 3 :)

Also: since asking CDPR about Cyberpunk 2077's release date will probably have no practical effect, and since gaming journalists signed a NDA (which prevents them from disclosing the videos by themselves), you could then ask CDPR if they're willing/considering to disclose at least one full gameplay video (or parts of) from the last E3 closed demo.
Yes, I know CDPR said the game is still in pre-alpha stage, but since every gaming journalist out there is simply amazed, astonished, surprised, etc by the current state of the game (no, I haven't read any contrary opinions until now, maybe they're nonexistent), then I believe divulging the videos (or parts of) won't do them any harm, won't attract negative comments from fans, etc.

Last edited:
More stuff about Disco Elysium and the Underrail expansion; might as well go for news about the next Dragon Age too :D

Any interview or preview is fine with me. As long as it's not Fallout 76.:biggrin:

Though I agree about any info about the next Dragon Age cause BioWare usually attend Gamescom every year, and if Obsidian is there ask their next publisher funded RPG.

I would love to know more about ELEX 2. Elex gave me much fun and I even did all achievements ;) So would be nice to know at least when to expect 2 and what part of the story will be covered.

Well if it is limited to games I'd be interested in knowing more about
greedfall -> more about game mechanics and tidbits about story development
and
Mutant year zero: road to eden -> specifically how complex the story; if it has branching paths and expected play time

Hoping Triumph might be there, as they're only a couple hours away or so… if they are, would like to know more about Planetfall. Specifically, understanding in what ways it will be different from the last AoW… or really, any new info!

Last edited:
I’d like more information on the depth of reactivity and character dialogue choices in Greedfall. Any fresh information on Cyberpunk 2077, too.

Chucklefish and checking whether they got any rpgs there.
Robotality's Pathway may mor may not be there. But I think they also have other interesting stuff if they are actually there.

- Call of Cthulhu
- Greedfall
- Werewolf: Apocalypse
- Disco Elysium
- Banner Saga 3
- Deadfire DLC
- Wasteland 3

I would be interested about the release date of Pathfinder and how close Deep Sky Derelicts is to Darkest Dungeon in regards to your team dying all the time.

Kingmaker will be published by Deep Silver.
I'd like to read about that.

I would be interested:

-Pathfinder: Kingmaker
-New Expeditions game from Logic Artists
-Stardew Valley multiplayer + new content update and release date from Chucklefish
-New game from Concerned Ape (Stardew Valley developer), not sure if his second game will be published by Chucklefish again though.

Back
Top Bottom