Star Traders: Frontiers - Releasing this Wednesday

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Star Traders: Frontiers is emerging from Steam Early Access this Wednesday 1st August according to the latest update.

Update #86: Penultimate + Save Slots

29 JULY - TRESE BROTHERS

Update #86 has brought us to the the final moments of this game's Early Access phase. It has been a busy 8 months and we owe a huge thanks to the thousands of Captains who have helped us improve the game. But -- we're not done yet!

While the game is coming out of Early Access on Wednesday this week, it does not mean that the content and feature expansions are ending. We don't plan to slow down or change direction. Exiting Early Access is a milestone on our larger roadmap indicating the game's readiness, stability and completeness against the goals we laid out for EA. Once we transition out of EA, we will be publishing the Dev Roadmap, looking out into the next year.

Save Slots
Update #86 deploys a major feature that we have been discussing and designing since of the start of Early Access. It took a few months but Save Slots are finally wrapped up, and we finished final testing this weekend. Now any game that does not feature Captain permadeath offers four save slots to store snapshots of your captain's career. These slots can be restored and played at any time and they store the entire game state. For example, you can start a template you love, do the first few Arbiter missions and then save your progress to one of your save slots. Then you can always come back there quickly from within that game. Or, as I tried in testing today, you could branch your save into 4 directions -- following Erik Faen, Zette Faen, Valencia and the Arbiter's storylines, each with their own save slot.

The new save slot system will help those players who are looking for ways to explore, try new things, backtrack on mistakes and explore the game in a non-permadeath setting.

[...]

To create save slot, open the game menu from within your save and choose Save Slots. Then pick slot you would to use to store your current game state. To restore a save slot, choose Load Captain from the main menu and then use the Save Slots button on the right hand side to expand the list of slots. Pick any to restore. Please take your time, because all save and restore actions are final and cannot be undone.

Talent Wrap Up
As now is the time to finish things, so we have finished the final Talents for the starting set of jobs that are not implemented. Pilot has picked up a new rank 11 Talent -- Wild Flying -- for when you are feeling like a leaf on the wind. Buffing defense and armor, Wild Flying also reduces Accuracy slightly does a small amount of Morale damage to your crew as the ship careens through the void.

For the Crew Dog, Engine Lockdown is the new rank 8 Talent which adds a unique ability. When Engine Lockdown is active, your ship's void engine is completely protected from damage. This lockdown effect does cost -2 RP, but it can be an important move to make at the clutch moment of battle when engine protection is critical. As an added bonus, locking down the engine frees up power to be rerouted to weaponry with a nice Radiation Damage bonus.

[...]
We've also added 11 new Talent icons and will be finishing the remaining 15 very soon.

Polish
We've also polished all of the new game screens, improved interfaces, spacing and positioning across the board. Typos and small bugs have died in droves. The forges are burning hot at Trese Brothers HQ!

If you love these updates, please leave a review for the game or tell a friend!

Or, join us on the Trese Brothers Discord[discord.com] server where both brothers are available, welcoming Captains and players of our games to come and chat. We're on there daily -- come share your stories, feedback and join our crew!

v2.3.23 - 7/28/2018
- Save and Restore from 4 save slots per Captain in difficulties without captain permadeath
- Added new rank 11 Talent for Pilots - "Wild Flying" defensive buff
- Added new rank 8 Talent for Crew Dogs - "Engine Lockdown" buff momentarily protects engines from damage
- Rebuilt New Game Skills page with more information and sliders
- Added Reset button to New Game Skills and New Game Attributes for quick changes
- Fixed all variety of refresh bugs in orbit screen (new contact, etc)
- Fixed issue with Trade Law not updating for Rumors in Orbit screen and invisible Quad Rumor bug
- Fixed issues with some ship Talent results such as healing or morale restore not appearing on screen
More information.

Seems I keep forgetting these old kickstarter games.

Glad to see its almost released.

Bought it December last year and installed just to see the progress updates. It came along well and at an incredible pace. Glad the Brothers did not burn out.

Time to get ready for this gem!

Love their other games and have this one, I keep monitoring the periodic updates just to watch the progress. A month or so after general release will be the time I'm most likely to take a real peek.

Looks pretty detailed.

But is there a purpose to the Stealth skill?

I backed this but don't think I've ever claimed a key. Guess I'll need to rectify that.

Bought it December last year and installed just to see the progress updates. It came along well and at an incredible pace.

Do you have some impressions regarding quality and variety of missions? Is there a story?

Do you have some impressions regarding quality and variety of missions? Is there a story?

Haven't played yet, just followed the updates. People seem to be satisfied of what I read, though.

Gonna see for myself in a while.

Missions seem to be given by various kinds of special professions which results in different kinds of missions.
There also is one or more story arcs.

Back
Top Bottom