Shenmue 1 & 2 - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Adventure RPG Shenmue 1 & 2 is now available for the PC:

Shenmue 1 & 2

The long wait is over! Shenmue I & II are now available on PS4, Xbox One and PC! Re-live the adventure of Ryo Hazuki as he embarks on a quest for revenge on those responsible for murdering his father in 1980s Japan.
More information.

To buy a copy, you should have to ask 10 random people where the store where you can buy it is located. All of them should say "Oh hello, [your name here]-san, isn't it beautiful outside? I have a car. Do you want to buy some flowers?" and then send you along to the next person.

Bought it and will play if after I finish a few other games.

Also this was announced today.

Shenmue III Release Date Announced & New Trailer

Coming August 27th, 2019 Only a few games become legendary. This is the story of one of them… Shenmue III sees the continuation of the epic story-driven saga. The player controls teenage martial artist Ryo Hazuki as he investigates his father's murder. Players must explore the game's open world, searching for clues, examining objects and talking to non-player characters for information, taking them further into enemy territory, deeper into mystery, and even closer to their destiny.

No, for all I know it's QTE fest with a nice story. Yea, consoles and ancient silly designs…

As I backed SH3, I'll buy this but not now - I'm onto Yakuza 0 which has enormous variety of content inside and besides SH3 will be released next summer, plenty of time till then.

From Steam page:
SEGA®’s most requested re-release of all time finally comes to a new generation.
Noone requested it. Especially not the blurry rubbish ported from Nintendo gadgets incapable of anything better. That would have worked miracles 10 years ago, today, not so much.
Whoever made this port through outsourcing should be ashamed, it hammers CPU like crazy for no obvious reason, not to mention the pisspoor 30 framerate is not constant:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/758330/discussions/0/1735462352481118032/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/758330/discussions/0/1735462352483260182/

EDIT:
Eurogamer wrote some tips:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-21-shenmue-tips-5647
- Not sure where to go next? Ask around
- There are actually maps in the game
- You'll sometimes have to kill time - but there's plenty of things to do
- It's very difficult to run out of time
- Don't always use fast travel
- Prepare for battles at the end of the game
- QTEs can happen at any time

Last edited:
Yikes. I'm not a fan of quick time events at all, and hearing the wear and tear it inflicts on a good system doesn't make me want to break out the wallet any faster. I'd like to try these, but the bad seems to be outweighing the good.

I hate QTE too, but won't object unless it's combined with another "feature" from ancient rubbishware and modern mmos:

I bet she's #1 player in Destiny 2.

Well these games are what inspired Sega to publish Yakuza years latter. Both are full of mini-games and QTE's so you now what to expect if you played any of those games.

Back
Top Bottom