Mount & Blade II - Gamescom Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
I'd say odds are 2020 or later for release. :lol:

Even with their 80 hr work week given current development speed.

Fun Fact: It's been seven years already.

Game was announced in 2012, and development started in 2011.

I don't think it's ever coming out. Loved Warband though. I wonder how they get funds to have 8+ year dev cycles.

I don't think it's ever coming out. Loved Warband though. I wonder how they get funds to have 8+ year dev cycles.

Yeah, although the three iterations of M&B might have sold pretty well, 8 years is a long time to pay wages for 100 people.

I do think it will be released though. Any year now.

They have 100 people? I thought it was a husband+wife team from Turkey with 2 or 3 contractors helping?

I've probably asked this before, but it's been a long time.

Is there a main story or narrative in the sequel?

I've probably asked this before, but it's been a long time.

Is there a main story or narrative in the sequel?
Based on the original no as they are sandbox games.

You make your own story as you play.

From the devolper on Steam.
There is something which leads the player into the main part of the game (the sandbox), but it isn't something which carries you through to an ending screen. A lot of the design for the game is based around letting players approach the game how they want to and create their own adventure.

They have 100 people? I thought it was a husband+wife team from Turkey with 2 or 3 contractors helping?

I thought the same thing, but according to Wikipedia they had 102 people employed in 2016. Now Wikipedia might be wrong of course, but THAT wrong is unlikely. A lot of those people could be contractors only working some hours on and off, but still.

EDIT: M&B has apparently sold about 6 million copies. That's a lot more than I would have assumed.

102!?

Well, not to put down one of my most anticipated games, but it doesn't look like it's come very far. They should let you build your own castles and have proper siege destruction. Something like Medieval Engineers style castle building. I think the "engineers" dev team is only 50 people. Could have had those 50 + the original 2 and the game would be ready and way more exciting. :)

Well, if they have investors paying in dollar or euro, then paying the employees in turkish lira is quite cheap currently and in the foreseeable future. So perhaps they'll develop for some more years. ;)

I was originally turned off by the sandbox gaming. Looking at the gameplay now where you can actually walk through cities and have dialogues with NPC, I'm becoming more interested. However it's a huge load of work to fill everything with life to make it actually worthwhile.

The combat clunkiness isn't a big deal for me.

I was originally turned off by the sandbox gaming. Looking at the gameplay now where you can actually walk through cities and have dialogues with NPC, I'm becoming more interested. However it's a huge load of work to fill everything with life to make it actually worthwhile.

The towns are where I see the most improvement. Not only will there be events like thieves robbing NPCs in allyways, but you can choose to let them continue their racket if you get a cut of the profits.

I'm very eager to see what other similar surprises they have in store for us!

The towns are where I see the most improvement. Not only will there be events like thieves robbing NPCs in allyways, but you can choose to let them continue their racket if you get a cut of the profits.
Oh, I think I have seen this in another game some weeks ago. ;)

Last edited:
The best improvement seems to be that the game is more moddable. The first game was very popular partly due to the great mods but it was still quite difficult to mod. Now you will be able to combine mods together and there will be mod tools. Of course if the game releases in 2019 we won't be seeing quality mods until 2000 in best case scenario.

Have to admit, a bit disappointed ( for how long they've been going at it). There is barely any improvement in animation/hit feedback, which already looked outdated back then.
Doesn't have to be For honor quality, but this is really looking jarring today.

Not that surprised by the good sales numbers. The first one never exactly felt like a mainstream hit, but it was always widely discussed on RPG forums. I'd say most RPG fans dipped into it.

Have to admit, a bit disappointed ( for how long they've been going at it). There is barely any improvement in animation/hit feedback, which already looked outdated back then.
Doesn't have to be For honor quality, but this is really looking jarring today.

I'm surprised as well. And the graphics are okay but if they release in 2020 or later the game will probably look a bit dated.

Back
Top Bottom