Interplay - Something new is coming...

Only games I'd be interested in are Lionheart 2 and Sacrifice 2

I didn't even know the company still existed. Shocking. I had to look it up. Seems they gained the rights to Freespace some time ago, and they still retain some of their old rights. Quite a surprise.

Van Buren might be interesting; but do you really want Interplay's sticky finger in it ?

Sncere answer: Chances of a Van Buren announcement are less than zero now, but I really wish this game could see the light of the day. Who would do it ? I don't know and I think it really doesn't matter. But with crowdfunding tools available now (e.g: Fig, Kickstarter), such project would easily gather the necessary funding to be completed. Of course, I am not considering here the IP copyrights jungle the name "Van Buren" may be involved in.

Remember: those funding services weren't available at the time Van Buren was cancelled, due to financial difficulties.

I didn't even know the company still existed. Shocking. I had to look it up. Seems they gained the rights to Freespace some time ago, and they still retain some of their old rights. Quite a surprise.

At the Larian Forums, there's still my signature active which I had here long ago :

"Interplay". some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch

hmmm, very interesting developments…maybe Brian Fargo really is resurrecting Interplay and they got Baldur's Gate 3. They would probably be able to get a good tidy sum from a kickstarter for that title! As much as Wasteland 2, at least.

Back
Top Bottom