Stellar Tactics - Gameplay and Story Videos

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some new videos for Stellar Tactics.

A Sci-Fi role-playing game featuring turn-based ground combat, space exploration, deep character customization and a massive living universe with over 160,000 star systems. Equip your ships with the best equipment you can find, gather a powerful crew of mercenaries and set out into the void!
More information.

Can't wait for the final release.

I'd love to play this, it just looks a bit bland.
Are these placeholder graphics or is it close to release?

Is this still just a one-man development team? I seem to recall talk of him wanting to add a person or two at some point but I’m not sure if that happened. Personally I am super impressed at the scope and quality of the game so far. Pretty sure I’ll pick this one up when it’s completed.

I hoped this will have "Master of Orion"-style battles with Fallout 1-2-style skirmishes. Instead this game has lame space battles and ridiculously FKN lame space station battles. If I were a producer there, I would fire most of the team and hire competent ones.

I hoped this will have "Master of Orion"-style battles with Fallout 1-2-style skirmishes. Instead this game has lame space battles and ridiculously FKN lame space station battles. If I were a producer there, I would fire most of the team and hire competent ones.

I agree. If the game is turn based, then why aren't space battles turn-based???

Looks good but I'll wait for the full release.

Usually ignore you but this game was at one time a one man project. He even went to kickstarter to raise funds, but once again it's hard to get funded nowadays.
My name is Don Wilkins, founder of Maverick Games, located just North of Colorado Springs, CO. I've been developing games professionally for many years. In that time I've had the privilege and honor to work with some of the game industry's finest at companies like Sir-Tech Software, Sierra Entertainment and 3DO as well as smaller development studios on games like Wizardry, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura among others. I've worked both as a Senior Producer managing publishing relationships with development studios, budgets and schedules and as a hands on developer for many years.
Stellar Tactics is a dream project. It's a game I've wanted to develop for a very long time. Around six years ago I started working on the game in my spare time, weekends and evenings. Over time, various systems started to come together; space travel, procedural universe, character movement, character combat, dialog systems, mission systems…and the list goes on. That leads me to where I am now and why I'm asking you for your help.
So the team grew in size but it's still very small thanks to pre-orders, and Early Access on Steam. So based on what I see the game has come together pretty well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom