Matt Chat - Reviews Bard's Tale IV

Surprisingly positive given the complaints I've seen about the game. He certainly does have a few complaints of his own but it seems that he enjoys the game enough to get past them. I haven't really watched many of his videos; is he generally this positive?

I just installed the game today and immediately after the download finished, Steam started downloading a patch. It adds (among other things) the ability to save anywhere. So I guess that's one complaint down. And the patch notes mention that they're working on improving the inventory, so that's another of his complaints which might be fixed.

And, wow, they now have an option to turn on grid-based movement. Plus other old-school things, because nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Yup, other than some of the puzzles and how long it took me to resolve a few of them, I really enjoyed the game. At least I know when I go back for a replay, the puzzles will be a breeze and I can really enjoy all the extra time I'll have for exploration and sheer combat!

Are you guys sure he's not being too positive? That's the critique I usually get and I'm a Matt too. Being positive about RPGs must be a Matt thing. :wideeyed:

Surprisingly positive given the complaints I've seen about the game.

It adds (among other things) the ability to save anywhere. So I guess that's one complaint down. And the patch notes mention that they're working on improving the inventory, so that's another of his complaints which might be fixed.

And, wow, they now have an option to turn on grid-based movement. Plus other old-school things, because nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Yup, other than some of the puzzles and how long it took me to resolve a few of them, I really enjoyed the game. At least I know when I go back for a replay, the puzzles will be a breeze and I can really enjoy all the extra time I'll have for exploration and sheer combat!

Gotta Love Matt Chat he does a good job of letting his love of old school games shine through.

How is it then Pika-E and co.? Is it enough to recommend yet? I haven't heard enough good things to what to give them my money so far.

Are you guys sure he's not being too positive? That's the critique I usually get and I'm a Matt too. Being positive about RPGs must be a Matt thing. :wideeyed:

I'm going to report to @Myrthos; that @joxer; stole Flu's password.

I will prove it:
All mobile games are great - especially loot boxes.
As are all MMORPG and their microtransactions which everyone of them don't have.
JRPG's suck and they shouldn't be anywhere near these forums.

/wait's for the Joxer bot to reply

Back
Top Bottom