Mount & Blade II - Dynasty System

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will have a dynasty system, which means descendants.

Greetings warriors of Calradia!

Great news! The first baby in Calradia has been born! Yay!

The mother, is us, the player, a woman named Boudicca: a caravan raider hailing from the misty foothills of Battania. On our travels (read: raids), we managed to steal the heart of Usair, an Aserai warlord who sports a proud moustache.

blog_post_67_taleworldswebsite_02.png

The proud parents, Usair and Boudicca

On the 20th of November, 1084 (the year of the Camel), the heavens blessed our union with the honour of parenting the very first child on the shores of Calradia!

Please, allow us to introduce our daughter, Ruwa, who as of now is still a babe, but we spared no expense and commissioned the best portraitist in the court of Unqid, the Sultan of Aserai, who believes she will look something a little like this by the age of 10.

blog_post_67_taleworldswebsite_03.png

Ruwa (the Children of Men)

Her beautiful face was derived from the features (facekeys) of her father and mother, with a small amount of randomness thrown into the mix. And thus, she has a unique face(key) which will retain traits of her parents into adulthood. And, it is not just the facial traits that she will inherit from her parents, but also our wealth and lands too, which we worked tirelessly to accumulate through entirely legitimate means.

As she grows, we will be able to spend more time with her, interact with her, share our experiences and skills with her, and develop her into a fine young woman.

blog_post_67_taleworldswebsite_04.png

Clan Boudicca is much more complete now!

On a more serious note, we are extremely excited to be able to share this with you. Children are something we have been working on for some time now and to finally see them implemented and working in-game has been a really rewarding experience. We have plenty to talk about in terms of dynasties and how children will work as a feature in the game, but we will save that for a later date.

Campaign team celebrating the birth of Ruwa. Oh, and that’s a cake, not a pile of pancakes!

In next week’s blog, we will talk with Level Designer / Video Production Artist, Gündüzhan Gündüz. If you have any questions you would like to ask him, please leave a reply in the comments and we will pick one out from him to answer!

Discuss this blog post HERE
More information.

Wait a minute, why is it my kid took 10 months to be born and looks more like the local tanner than me? Stupid, buggy game.

The new dynasty system: our grandchildrens grandchildren will finally be able to play this game.

(sorry. had to. still looking forward to this game.)

Well In their defense they mentioned the children takes both parents facial settings, and adds a little randomness. Guess it's still not perfected though according to the image.

All the breeding talk makes me think this more a farm simulation than anything else, but if it has combat like the first, I'll be playing it. I played a series of games two or three years ago that had a dynasty, Agarest I believe it was called, and other than the fighting and map exploration I didn't really care for all of the generational mumbo-jumbo.

This is one of the three games I'm looking forward to (the other two being Realms Beyond and (although very skeptical) Black Geyser).

I like this update but would be nice to finally get a release date.

I think I remember trying to play the first game in this series. There was some reason I couldn't play it, it might have been the controls, I don't really remember.

But this new game looks interesting. I hope they release a demo so I see if I can play it :)

Wait a minute, why is it my kid took 10 months to be born and looks more like the local tanner than me? Stupid, buggy game.

Nothing buggy. And such an outdated remark. For ages, men's obsession was that their kids look like them.
These days' obsession: kids must look like a reference group. This kid's father is a happy man, kid does not look like him, kid looks like the reference group.

Nothing buggy. And such an outdated remark. For ages, men's obsession was that their kids look like them.
These days' obsession: kids must look like a reference group. This kid's father is a happy man, kid does not look like him, kid looks like the reference group.
Dude, that was a joke. :)

Back
Top Bottom