Mechwarrior 5 - September 2019 Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that Mechwarrior 5 has a new release date of September 10th 2019.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries just looks better and better every time I see it, so I'm real interested in checking it out next year when it releases on September 10, 2019. MechWarrior 5 was supposed to launch this December but was delayed, but Piranha Games president Russ Bullock just announced the new release date during MechCon, where thousands of robot fans pour into Vancouver to celebrate all things BattleTech. To accompany the announcement, Piranha Games revealed an explosive new trailer to showcase some classic mech on mech action.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Okay, the ingame parts of the trailer (at least I hope they are) look nice. Although the walking straight through buildings is a bit over the top.

But my main criticism is WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG?! :bigcry::furious::bigcry:

If it's not another Co-op or online game, it'll be a day one purchase for me.:)

If it's not another Co-op or online game, it'll be a day one purchase for me.:)

From what I've read (unless things have changed now that it's due out next year instead of this one), it's primarily focused on a single-player campaign but it has the option of hosting 4-person multiplayer to complete missions if you want.

Good cause the last game was a boring MMO filled with microtractions . So I'm happy to see another Mechwarrior game, and it makes me more excited then HBS Batteletech.:)

I'm pleased to hear that the focus seems to be on the single player campaign, that's likely to make this a purchase for me. Sometime soon I need to get around to playing the Battletech game that came out this year!

Can you have an fps view sitting in the cockpit looking out or is it strictly third person view ? Just curious - either way it might be ok or it might suck depending on the full details not presented :)

This has been coming along nicely. Assuming it does release in September and isn't pushed back again, you can bet I'll be there. It's been way too long since I've played a Mechwarrior game.

Wait, there's a new Mechwarrior game in the works?? I did not know that.

Colour me interested.

Can't wait, looks like they're doing everything right. Co-op gameplay footage from mechcon is available here (and elsewhere I guess), no clue why it wasn't included:
https://youtu.be/XUM3jx0ob40
Glad to see it played with a hotas there, I didn't like how MWO was a mouse heaven. Same for War Thunder and other games that gimped joysticks by making them play almost like regular ass first person shooters giving off almost none of the actual feel of piloting a vehicle like that. Same reason I didn't like MechWarrior 3 with its free-floating cursor aiming weapons anywhere on the screen. MW4: Mercenaries is my jam, blissfully spot-on joystick controls there (I only have a stick for now, not a full hotas, the other functions are easy to do on a keyboard vs the joystick turning/pitching/turret-ing).

Last edited:
Shut up and take my money! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGG!!! This is THE mech game!!

Back
Top Bottom