RAGE 2 - Exclusive to Bethesda Launcher

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming RAGE 2 will be exclusive to the Bethesda Launcher.

Back in August, Bethesda claimed that not all of its titles will be exclusive to the Bethesda launcher, however that it appears that this won't be the case with RAGE 2. Bethesda did not state back then that RAGE 2 would be coming to Steam either so technically, and while this is a bit disappointing, the publisher has not lied to its PC customers.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Looks like I'll soon have another launcher on my desktop. It's inconvenient and annoying, but I'm not missing out on this game.

I'll wait and see (was gonna do that even if it was on steam). This is one of the (non-rp) games I'm most interested in for 2019. But after seeing how Avalanche have screwed up Just Cause 4 it makes me kinda worried for it. Mad Max was fun as hell though (mindless and repetitive but fun).

Fortunately, there are other ways to further grow my pile of shame - that game'll be on GoG for a couple bucks anyway by the time I'd get around to play it.

Thanks in advance for knowing I get to save my money on this product. The first one was ok, but not good enough to tolerate a new launcher simply to play the sequel. Actually, I'll be certain to spend that money elsewhere, perhaps a few more classics from great old games!

This isn't a Bethesda game. It's a joint project from Avalanche Studios (developer of the Just Cause series and Mad Max) and id Software.

Probably will buy this, but not day one. Gunplay seems top notch, one of best I've seen, really meaty, crunchy feel to it..but AI/enemies just kind of run straight into player and stare How do you do, how do you do?. Plus I think they should up movement speed a bit, kind of odd for this style of shooter. I still like it more than Doom, though.
And too much pink. Though, I'll wager, that's a bonus for some of the suspects around 'ere. ;)

Anyone seen Witchfire, btw? Feels like the most fun FPS in a long while.

Bethsoft is gonna have a hard time explaining to investors that Rage 2 isn't selling well b/c its not on Steam.

Bethsoft is gonna have a hard time explaining to investors that Rage 2 isn't selling well b/c its not on Steam.

That will be the crux. It seemed to not work out for CDP with Thronebreaker. Rage 2 needs to be (and sell) stellar to successfully circumvent Steam.

My guess is that if it doesn't sell they will move it to steam or perhaps move it to steam but require you to log into bethesda.net. I just don't trust that company enough to provide them any personal information.

Maybe they plan for less-than-stellar sales, and instead intend to milk the few people who buy it with microtransactions and lootboxes.

Rage 1 was a fun and gorgeous game. People complained that it was unfinished, yeah, but still fun!

Started with RAGE several times and always got bored after several hours. Probably last FPS I really enjoyed was DOOM 3. Stellar atmosphere and great gunplay.

Started with RAGE several times and always got bored after several hours.

Pro Tip: play on Hard, or if you are up to it, Nightmare difficulty.
The game is so relentless in higher difficulties, you may even forget to breathe! :)

This is not a "smart game", so no need to get methodical.
This is a run'n'gun FPS at its best.

Back
Top Bottom