S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - New Version of Lost Alpha Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has a mod called Lost Alpha which recently released a new version. Video at the link.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha features new levels and enemies, overhauls the game's visuals, and packs numerous gameplay improvements and enhancements. Version 1.4007 features a lot of mods, both polished versions of the old ones, and brand new mods, like the beautiful Extended Weather.

[...]
More information.

Nice surprise. Who says Christmas doesn't bring nice things? This looks really good. And its free, can't argue with that. Ok, it looks like a bit of a pain to download (why did they split it up in 6 or 7 parts?) But I'm interested enough to endure the process, as a long time fan of the original Stalker game. :biggrin:

Nice surprise. Who says Christmas doesn't bring nice things? This looks really good. And its free, can't argue with that. Ok, it looks like a bit of a pain to download (why did they split it up in 6 or 7 parts?) But I'm interested enough to endure the process, as a long time fan of the original Stalker game. :biggrin:

Yeah, I was quite surprised to see that you don't even need a copy of Stalker to play this.

I thought Stalker was great, but for some reason I never finished it. I keep saying I'm going to go back to that series some day, but I say that about a lot of things. :)

The game really creeped me out in parts. No other game before or since did that for me. Going through some of the dark areas underground gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Yeah, I was quite surprised to see that you don't even need a copy of Stalker to play this.

I thought Stalker was great, but for some reason I never finished it. I keep saying I'm going to go back to that series some day, but I say that about a lot of things. :)

It was a cool game… and it also did get scary in some of the underground sections.

This mod is cool too, they put out a game manual that is like the old fashioned game manuals that games used to have. That said, it could use more pages and more information, but for what they have, its done well.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/downloads/stalker-lost-alpha-game-manual

Doesn't it? Really? Now it's a quite good surprise. Not that I haven't the original game, since I bought them all on GOG.com, but at least it's one less annoyance for us to install the mod. :)

I finished only the first, unmodded, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. I really liked it so much, I don't know why I haven't returned to the series. And yes, like other members here, I also think the underground areas are very scary.

Back
Top Bottom