The Black Masses - Pre-Alpha Gameplay

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Some pre-alpha gameplay video for The Black Masses.

The Black Masses is coming to Steam early access spring 2019!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/992910/The_Black_Masses/

https://www.facebook.com/theblackmassesofficial

Enjoy 10 minutes of pre alpha gameplay from the world of The Black Masses.

The Black Masses is an open world first-person fantasy co-op RPG. The Black Masses features our next generation of crowd rendering technology rebuilt from Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator. Explore a 16 square kilometer island populated by hundreds of thousands of possessed inhabitants. Escape the hordes by traversing buildings and obstacles with our parkour system, or face them head on with powerful abilities and immersive first person combat.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Zombie fest, Takes on a knight, head to toe in plated armour wielding a two handed sword and beats him with a hatchet?
Its going to take a bit more than that to get my attention, Ill pass at the moment.

The crowd rendering technology looks sweet, even though there is little to no variation at the moment. Being an avid player of Vermintide 2, I hope this game turns out to be far better than the pre-alpha version. Wait and see I guess.

It needs a lot of work and i don't really know what the game is about. Maybe if a lot of things improve i'll keep it in mind

It is staged so hard to tell but possessed seem able to reach the critical mass to force a retreat. Would be one of the very products that emulate mass of zombies as a deterrent. This despite all the products that feature zombies, the post apocalypse fetish and so on.

Zombie fest, Takes on a knight, head to toe in plated armour wielding a two handed sword and beats him with a hatchet?
Its going to take a bit more than that to get my attention, Ill pass at the moment.

Knight looks like a possessed.

All I know is the game is an open world zombie first-person fantasy co-op RPG, Not much more then that with the various zombie videos they released in the last two years.

Last edited:
This looks like it could get old real quick. Running around just killing a lot of zombies would be fun for about 5 minutes.

The crowd/population tech looks fine but there needs to be a decent game to back it up. This is no Dead Island/Dying Light in terms of quality or graphical fidelity. It comes across as a glorified tech demo and still needs a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom