Ghost of a Tale - Patch Adds More Music

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest patch for Ghost of a Tale adds more soundtracks and a rolling quicksave for the stealth moments in the game.

Patch Release 7.91

Welcome to this special new patch for Ghost of a Tale!

In this one we've fixed quite a few things but also optimized the game even more (including the jail, commissary, etc.) in prevision for next month's release on consoles. The photo mode has also gained the often requested focus distance control and we've added a couple of items for Tilo to wear.

But most importantly, this patch contains brand new character theme tracks composed by Mathieu. As previously indicated they have been recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra and they're, simply put, amazing. But don't take my word for it and listen to the theme of Tam & Farrow here:

In the same vein, whenever you transition to a new area in-game you will be greeted by new music tracks to emphasize the location's atmosphere. It's one of the things players always wished there were more of in the game.

On a different topic, over the last few months we've watched a lot of play-throughs and we've seen that most players just hit the quicksave button whenever they hide. Which means many of them will only have ONE save to rollback to (namely the autosave) if they decide they made a wrong decision in a dialog or if they stumble upon an issue that prevents them from moving ahead in a quest.

In order to alleviate that, we've implemented a new rolling quicksave system comprised of 5 slots. In other words, when you hit the quicksave button, the save will get created in the next available quicksave slot, looping from number 5 back to number 1. That way, you'll always have 5 quicksaves available for you to roll back to.

We hope this will make your playing experience even more enjoyable! :)

[...]
More information.

I'm just now realizing I have to many games I never played, and this is one of them.

I loved it. It's a stealth (by avoidance & hiding) adventure game basically.

It's included in Origin Access Basic if anybody has that. I played (and finished) it on there during the last free week they did.

I'm with Couch, meant to pick this game up a while back and never did. I guess with all the recent releases plus the classic replays that I often get distracted with, I forgot to even try this one.

This is on sale on gog & steam 40% off right now.

Back
Top Bottom