Sense - January Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The January update for cyberpunk game Sense.

#31 - Sexy Cyborgs, New Logos, and a special announcement

Posted by Benjamin W Widdowson - ProjectSenseDev (Creator)

Hello everyone! Today we have more exciting news on MANY fronts, so I'll be breaking it all down into sections to keep it all organized.

First up, I wanted to show off the finalized Logo for Sense. We were unable to find a Hong Kong based graphic designer for a price we could afford, but having a native Hong Konger as wife and co-founder of the studio worked out just fine. With help from Kay's sister we were able to create something that's authentically cantonese and a much better representation of the game thematically and visually. Take a look!

y96ulwbk
Sense's new logo
Next, I wanted to announce the next collaboration NPC for Sense's neon-lit streets. Brilliant "maker" and actual cantonese cyberpunk Naomi Wu, who you might know as the "Sexy Cyborg", will be testing out some new DIY tech in up-town Neo HongKong.

We weren't sure if KS would allow this so we decided to link it off-site. So go check out the image here!

Naomi is an incredibly talented engineer, and a leading voice for bringing girls into DIY, open source tech, and engineering. She's also a voice for freedom of expression and an open internet. Like Count Dankula, SUZAKU is very proud to extend a hand of friendship to Ms. Wu.

Finally, I've got a BIG announcement concerning the whole "backer-builds" part of our kickstarter campaign. We'll be announcing the date of our first build very soon! Our production toolkit is nearly complete, and once it is we can begin implementing a lot of the art, assets, and concepts I have crafted. So much art has been completed over the past few months, so this current bottleneck going away will be a huge gust of wind in our sails. The pieces of the jigsaw have been crafted, and soon we'll be able to put them together, so to speak.

That said, this is how our backer builds will look until launch;

- This first build will include the 2.0 demo content completely adjusted to the final game's logic and chains, and will also include a new segment of gameplay made to show a new gameplay mechanic we'd like your feedback on. We'll label this build Demo 3.0.

- Demo 3.0 will also be made available to the public after the backers (we're open to suggestions on the exclusivity period, and what you backers think is most fair to you, so please feel free to comment below!) We intend to use this new demo to reassure non-backers of the quality and build interest for new potential customers.

- Each build after this will be a short segment of gameplay meant to showcase a mechanic/puzzle/ or event we're testing out for polish and quality. This is where our forums will hopefully become more active and useful.

All this said, The past few months have been insanely busy, so I hope no one felt like we were too quiet. From the launch of Demo 3.0 we will be very careful with what we show, but will be more vocal about what is happening behind the scenes. As always, thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm, we look forward to seeing what you think of the new content SOON!

(Oh, and subscribe to pewdiepie)
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Another game with nothing interesting except - boobs?
Count me in!

I really like the focus on plot and backstory.

My gamedev colleague remarked the first sign of an amateur project never to be realized is they begin with the logo..

Boobs=power in today's world. It doesn't bother me a bit and if any of these people are like Naomi who is incredibly intent on whatever she means to achieve, then it will get finished.
I am not really a fan of cyberpunk or side scrollers or 2d but I can appreciate the authors vision.

Back
Top Bottom