RPGWatch Feature - Zombasite Indie Showcase Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As we mentioned on our forums we are starting with a series of interviews using a fixed set of questions, about indie developers, showcasing one of their games. This is the first interview, featuring Soldak's Steven Peeler, talking about Zombasite.

RPGWatch: Tell us a little about your background and experience?

Steven: My name is Steven Peeler. I've been doing the indie games thing for the last 14 years with my company Soldak Entertainment. We have released 5 games (Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, and Zombasite) , 3 expansions (Demon War, Invasion of the Ancients, and Orc Schism), and have 1 game (Din's Legacy) currently in Early Access. Before Soldak, I worked at Ritual Entertainment for about 6 years where I was Technical Director when I left. And before that there was boring stuff like working at Nortel for a few years and getting a computer engineering degree from A&M.
More information.

Good interview once again. I believe I interviewed him a few years back. Some of his games are indeed good but I often or not find myself never finishing them.

Good interview once again. I believe I interviewed him a few years back. Some of his games are indeed good but I often or not find myself never finishing them.

try din's legacy after drox operative my favourite

If anyone has any questions about Zombasite, Din's Legacy, Drox Operative or any other Soldak RPG, Steven Peeler said he would check in at some point and try to answer them.

Also if you missed it there is a pinned thread about suggestions for games we could feature in the indie showcase. So if there is any relatively unknown game (which we haven't reviewed and is from a small indie developer) that you would like to see us feature you can write your suggestions either in the pinned thread or here.

Very good interview. Zombasite 75% off on Steam if anyone was thinking about buying it. Think I may pick it up.

Very good interview. Zombasite 75% off on Steam if anyone was thinking about buying it. Think I may pick it up.

Except for Kivi's Underworld which isn't on Steam, all of our games are currently on sale on Steam during their Lunar New Year sale. Links can be found here.

I'm glad everyone seems to have liked the interview. Interviews are definitely not one of my better skills, so I'm never quite sure how well they will go over. I am a regular lurker on RPGWatch so if anyone does ask any questions here, I'll gladly answer them.

@Steven Peeler; have you ever thought about teaming up with other developers and getting a bigger budget? Maybe something like a crowdfunded project?

I just ask as your games are quite enjoyable, I just wonder what you could make with a bigger budget. Hope I didn't offend or cause any outrage. As I do sometimes.^^

@Steven Peeler; have you ever thought about teaming up with other developers and getting a bigger budget? Maybe something like a crowdfunded project?

I just ask as your games are quite enjoyable, I just wonder what you could make with a bigger budget. Hope I didn't offend or cause any outrage. As I do sometimes.^^

Yeah, I've thought about both of those before. I have chosen not to do either of those so far, but that doesn't mean I won't in the future.

It would be interesting to see some indies gang up so they can share resources, build up one name instead of several separate names, and have more income streams coming in. I'm not sure how it would work logistically though. Valve kind of works like that, but they have Microsoft and Steam money.

I'm not really sure I could pull off a crowdfunding campaign. It seems to me that you need a lot of flash and marketing to have a successful campaign and those are definitely not things I've ever been good at.

I'm not that easy to offend BTW. :)

I have loved Soldak Entertainment games since Din's Curse and I am currently starting Zombasite which I feel is the height of Steven's Gaming Art. Love the dynamicism of the world and the constant challenges I face and Steven is always actively supporting his games and players on the forum, which is just plain awesome.

Back
Top Bottom