Silk - Historical RPG Silk on Kickstarter

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
Staff Member
A kickstarter campaign has started for the historical adventure rpg game Silk.

Silk is a Sandbox RPG Adventure Game and a tribute to the late Mike Singleton, especially his groundbreaking 1984 game The Lords of Midnight.

With a lo-fi visual aesthetic and a lightweight interface that delivers endless engaging decisions, Silk is an innovative role-playing adventure like no other. Rise into glory by running your caravan from the Roman Empire to war-torn Three Kingdoms China. Defend yourself from bandits, sandstorms, and rebellions by hiring Advisors skilled in everything from battle to wayfinding. Fall in love with your own unique party of Advisors and the enchanting world of the Ancient Silk Road in 200 AD.

Recruit: Choose the Advisers to protect and advise your caravan

Do you want the best Guide, or someone who is skilled in both Wayfaring and Battle? Will you hire Merchants and Camels and transport goods, or Guards and Horses and raid other caravans? Will you befriend the locals with Ritegivers who can take part in the regional ceremonies, or defy the gods and go your own way?

Travel: Follow the paths between the great cities of the Silk Road

Find your own path through the wilderness, or travel faster by taking the more direct roads. However, you must keep your eyes on the road ahead - a rock fall, bandit ambush, or sandstorm might lie in your path. Do you face the danger, or turn back and take a longer route

Lead: Listen to your Advisors and make the best decisions you can

Everywhere you go, four of your party will suggest options. In the city, do you hire a Soldier and some Guards to protect you, or save the silver to buy more spices for trade? In the wilds, do you stop to hunt for food, or hope you can make it to town before your supplies run out?

Fate: Traverse the Silk Road, or raise an army to claim a Kingdom!

Each game begins by choosing a Heroic Destiny - will you be the first traveller to cross the entire length of the Silk Road and back? Or will you forge a trading empire that spans the world? Or will you raise an army and overthrow the Parthian Empire, or build your own kingdom?

More information.

I like the concept but the retro graphics in 2019 mean I have better things to do with my time. Would prefer the concept with at least Skyrim level graphics...

I don't get that people willingly want to use that level of retro graphics. Sorry but that is too "retro" for my taste.

I wonder if it will make this sound while loading.

Back
Top Bottom