Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order - Avellone Involved

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports on Chris Avellone's involvement with Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order.

Avellone's LinkedIn page contains some tidbits on what he did for Respawn. Apparently, he worked on the game for slightly less than a year as a Narrative Designer/Writer (contractor) who did story work, story/character reviews, and wrote cinematic scripts for Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order.

But the real kicker is that the other game he mentioned in that tweet might very well be the rumored Vampire: The Masquerade game due to be announced by Paradox Interactive on March 21st. As you can read below, he worked with Hardsuit Labs for a bit over two years (known for Blacklight: Retribution and owned for one-third by Paradox) as a Narrative Designer/Writer, and the description even says he did so 'tenderly' with other developers. Incidentally, Tender is the name of the fictional dating app (matching profiles based on their blood types) that is being used as an ARG to hype up the reveal.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I was wondering when is someone going to post this info that Codex managed to dig out and then post it as their own info..

Is there a chance that the game will somehow be RPGish?

I was wondering when is someone going to post this info that Codex managed to dig out and then post it as their own info..

Do you mean that the info about Avellone and Jedi Knight (and/or Vampire game?) is from Codex? At least several sites reported about that. I dont know who was first.

Do you mean that the info about Avellone and Jedi Knight (and/or Vampire game?) is from Codex? At least several sites reported about that. I dont know who was first.
Vampire game connection. Also Codex found that Mitsoda is also connected with the project.

Is there a chance that the game will somehow be RPGish?

Aren't most games in this genre RPGish these days.. Assassins Creed etc, games are getting more and more influences from RPG's. So yes, a big chance, imo. Just don't expect it to be deep, perhaps not even as ""deep"" as the later AssCreed.

I'm somewhat interested in this, but certainly not a first day purchase for me. I'll be reading what purchasers think of it before I consider picking this up for myself.

It will most likely be a short 10-15 hr game with the usual EA micro-transactions. I also don't need to bring up how EA canceled two better games to fund this smaller game.:p

Last edited:
It will most likely be a short 10-15 hr game with the usual EA micro-transactions.

Perfect candidate for "teleport pack" or "XP pack" to avoid boring parts and finish the game sooner, right? :lol:

Ahhh yes, I forgot that this will be an Electronic Arts product, likely available only via the Origin platform. Therefore, even were it free, I won't be playing it.

Government is working on a new law that states no RPG can be released without the approval of Chris Avellone hereafter. :)

Aren't most games in this genre RPGish these days.. Assassins Creed etc, games are getting more and more influences from RPG's. So yes, a big chance, imo. Just don't expect it to be deep, perhaps not even as ""deep"" as the later AssCreed.
Well, if it is as "deep" as AC:Odyssey, I think I'll play it.

Well, if it is as "deep" as AC:Odyssey, I think I'll play it.
Nope it's not an open world game like AC:Odyssey those were cancelled.:cool:

Tender is the name of the fictional dating app (matching profiles based on their blood types) that is being used as an ARG to hype up the reveal.

Isn't that in Japan for real already ? Trying to match people according to their blood types ?

What will it be then? (Can't watch the video right now.)

Linear then, like Force Unleashed 1-2 (never played).

I wouldn't mind a new Republic Commando type of game, it was nice enough!

Isn't that in Japan for real already ? Trying to match people according to their blood types ?
No. For real such app is called Tinder, not Tender. And is available worldwide except in some countries. And I dunno what it uses for matching nor care. Nor should you - IIRC I told you to go for a coffee, tea, beer, whatever at spots you've never visited before. When there, pick any topic but don't talk about mmos.

No. For real such app is called Tinder, not Tender. And is available worldwide except in some countries. And I dunno what it uses for matching nor care. Nor should you - IIRC I told you to go for a coffee, tea, beer, whatever at spots you've never visited before. When there, pick any topic but don't talk about mmos.

It hardly matches blood types, it's just a dating app..

Tender is a play with (swedish) words i believe, tender is pronounced like tänder (which means teeth - as in vampires).

Back
Top Bottom