Star Control: Origins - Second Part Coming

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The second part of Star Control: Origins expansion Earth Rising, is to become available soon.

The epic space RPG, Star Control(R): Origins, is due to receive the second part of its 4 part expansion, Earth Rising, soon. Return of the Lexites presents the player with their most dangerous challenge yet -- a post-singularity species whose motives are a mystery.

The Lexites are impeding Earth's efforts to expand into known space. But why? Playing as the Captain of Earth's first interstellar starship, you will find yourself visiting new worlds, engaging in combat against strange new ships while trying to unravel the mysterious plans of the post-humans who left Earth.

"Because Star Control is a non-linear RPG, the Earth Rising expansion series doesn't require you to have completed the main story-line," said Brad Wardell, Designer of Star Control: Origins. "As we release each part to the expansion, players get to experience an ever richer sandbox to explore."

Star Control: Origins - Earth Rising is $19.99. Part 1, Aftermath, is available now. Part 2: Return of The Lexites will release this spring. Part 3 arrives this summer with the conclusion due this fall.
More information.

As I recall, there was a legal dispute about distributing the game and it has been pulled off on Steam. Did they solve that issue?

As I recall, there was a legal dispute about distributing the game and it has been pulled off on Steam. Did they solve that issue?
The game was put back on Steam after two weeks.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/star-control-origins-removed-from-steam-after-dmca-takedown-notice/
Any comments on how you got back on Steam?

Will the game return to GOG soon?

Nothing I can discuss publicly unfortunately. Other than to say that the dispute is Stardock/GOG/Valve on one side and Reiche and Ford on the other.
So nothing is solved yet in court but Steam ruled in their favor not GOG.

Back
Top Bottom