Dungeons Of Aledorn - Q1 Development Update

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
There is a new update for Dungeons of Aledorn, the game that is labeled as a hardcore old-school RPG.

Hello friends, backers and all fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. After long delay, we have some news from development. As usual, there are multiple topics we will cover so get into it.

While playing, you will have to visit number of interiors. You will enter taverns, shops or houses of different NPCs. As we wrote in previous blog posts, interiors will be presented as 3D environments where you will not be able to move freely, but there will be interactive objects. You can click on innkeeper to start a conversation or sit down to a table with local gamblers. And (of course) you cut hole in pockets of incautious citizens. In this update we are bringing couple of screenshots of library, which you will visit during your play.

9077b88f42139542cc3477838e75acca_original.jpg
More screens at the link, where also nimated gifs can be found on hexes and animation.

More information.

They aren't exactly prolific with the updates for this project, but when it does launch I'm hopeful that we'll have a fine game on our hands to enjoy!

I forgot I donated to this game. The delivery date was Feb. 2017 and they don't have it in alpha yet. Well it still looks pretty good if they can ever finish it.

Well it looks like they released an Alpha version in 2016 but they are not close to a Beta version yet.

I thought this one was dead in the water. The sparse updates over years smack of amateur hour, to me.

This game and So Generic are the two biggest failures of my kickstarter backings. I no longer back kickstarter projects and you can thank these guys.

Yeah, the backer beta for Black Geezer is also due any day now. Should be good, given that it's on the scale of PoE, and the game was "almost complete" a year ago. :biggrin:

If I see a game in four more years I will be surprised. I'm adding this to the pile of failed kickstarters like many other games most notably Sui Generis. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:
Yeah, the backer beta for Black Geezer is also due any day now. Should be good, given that it's on the scale of PoE, and the game was "almost complete" a year ago. :biggrin:

Yes, I backed that also, been a bit quiet of late?

Yes, I backed that also, been a bit quiet of late?

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical at the time, when they claimed it was around 80 hours of content, and only in need of a KS for final polish. They've only ever shown a couple of small areas, and the couple of updates have been mostly waffle. I don't think they were entirely honest. But I shouldn't drag this thread off topic - just came to mind when 'Nut was talking failed Kickstarters.

This game and So Generic are the two biggest failures of my kickstarter backings. I no longer back kickstarter projects and you can thank these guys.

If we don't get a game I won't back another game either but it would be a 1st aside from the Grimoire Indiegogo fiasco - it was not long ago we finally got a manual and eventually at least I got what was promised in the campaign (I did not back physical goods).

Last edited:
I think it was about a year ago this crew put out an update that looked exactly like this one, rooms with candles. It looks like nothing has happened at all, judgjling by screenshots, and I put zero stock in anything they have to write. This one does indeed appear dead in the water.

I'm a lot pickier about Kickstarters than I used to be...

Indeed. I don't just jump straight into kick starter campaigns like I used to, now I read up on them and watch the progression of the pitch for a few days/weeks before I make my decision.

As a kick starter supporter, I received this update today:

Greetings backers, friends and fans of Dungeons of Aledorn. I have some sad news. This is the last update I am writing on Kickstater. Me, Ladislav"Nefarit" Štojdl and our chief programmer Martin "Arbiter" Mikš have decided to leave Team21 due to long-term disagreements within the team.

What does it mean for Dungeons of Aledorn?
The biggest one is that the game will not be finished by Team21. The coding and game design are in good shape, but we will need to start over with the graphics, as all the purchased asets will remain in ownership of Team21. This is a is a large setback and will mean time delay. Kickstarter obligations remain with Team21, but if we manage to finish the game with Arbiter and new graphic designer, then we will still honor you, our dear backers. and will provide you with rewards like free game copies.

Due to copyright issues we will be renaming the game from "Dungeons of Aledorn" to just "Aledorn".
Fortunately the design and story are mine, so we will not have to make any changes there.

We do sincerely apologize to all of you, but it was a necessary step to take, if we wanted to keep moving forward. We are still negotiating and there still is a chance to strike a deal with Team21 that wll allow us to use the assets we purchased with your backing.

Best regards,
Nefarit
Game designer & project lead

At the very least, I suspect this will result in a massive delay of the project, and likely some other changes as well.

Back
Top Bottom