Operencia: The Stolen Sun - Reviews

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Operencia: The Stolen Sun has been reviewed by Gamespot and Gamespew.

Gamespew

But it's the gameplay where Operencia: The Stolen Sun truly shines. Whether or not you care for the game's narrative, the gameplay will get its claws in you. Exploring each area is rewarding and enjoyable as you come across enemies, treasure and loot. There's a wealth of puzzles, too, with Operencia hiding a number of tricks up its sleeve to make your progress a little challenging. Perhaps you'll need to scour an environment to find a hidden clue to open a door, or you'll have to hunt around for keys and important items. Nothing is handed to you on a plate and progression never feels too easy. But that's all part of the fun.

[...]
Gamespot 8/10

Operencia tells a wonderful story derived from Central European folklore, mythology, and history, and it does so with unwavering confidence in its makeup. Companion characters are funny, and the banter between them makes for a fun experience that's not without its heartfelt moments. In terms of combat, the strategizing is so engaging that you'll likely end up charging rat warriors headfirst instead of hopelessly attempting to avoid bumping into them. Best of all, though, this world is so stunning that you'll just look at the trees, the water, the rocks--everything. It's a shame that some of the puzzle solutions are needlessly frustrating and present significant obstacles in getting through the story, but aside from that Operencia provides a truly special experience.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Epic temporary exclusive and without an integrated dating sim.
I bet those are two -1s from Gamespot. :D

Yeah..let me know when it will be on Steam/GOG (preferably the later). Seems an okayish dungeon crawler, so i might picking it up at some point.

Why do people feel the need to be dependent of only one online store? :rolleyes:

That some people will be waiting for a GOG release, I can understand: the principle of drm-free games is commendable. But not buying a game that you want to play just because it's not on steam... less understandable.

It's on the MS store too, and that's built-in to most PCs (Win8+), so you don't even need to install another store/launcher.

Also, it is free on gamepass. Here in UK, Amazon are offering 6 months for the cost of 3 months right now. You'll get the game, and a selection of other cross-play titles (mostly non-RPGs, but still big name titles) for the same price as epic store.

PS, having just completed the game, it is 30-40hr playtime, so 6 month should be enough time ;)

Why do people feel the need to be dependent of only one online store?

Because one central library is superior to multiple disparate libraries that you need to remember about having in the first place. Especially if you routinely uninstall games after finishing them and want to replay them two or three years later only to wonder where the heck it's located.

Because one central library is superior to multiple disparate libraries that you need to remember about having in the first place. Especially if you routinely uninstall games after finishing them and want to replay them two or three years later only to wonder where the heck it's located.

And I'm pretty confident that Steam isn't going anywhere at this point, so my purchases are relatively safe for years to come. Epic... maybe, maybe not.

As well, for me, there are tons of other great games to play, so there's no issue waiting a year on this.

That's another good reason to avoid a new platform, let them get settled and then in a few years, I might reconsider. I even had some doubts about steam in the past, and didn't install that until they'd been in existence for several years.

Waiting a year to play a new game is nothing to me. In a year or five, most of the bugs will be sussed out, and I might even get a break on the price point. I've over thirty years of games close at hand that I never mind replaying, and I could write novels/essays on the power of patience. Immediate needs for me are items such as breathing and sight, others can wait for me.

Yeah, the DRM locking is a major issue for newcomers to the market. We don't really purchase games anymore, rather pay to access them on a given platform (except GOG, of course.) That heavily favours the dominant established platform.

Back
Top Bottom