Rage 2 - Release on May 14

CoHH prepares this by streaming rage 1.

Did they really just announce the release only 5 days prior to it? That has to be a new record for a AAA game.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/rage...ind-deluxe-and-collectors-editions-at-launch/
RAGE 2 – BFG weapon to be locked behind Deluxe and Collector’s Editions at launch

We don’t know when Bethesda will unlock this weapon for the rest of the players, however this is a really anti-consumer move that was obviously made to boost the sales of both the Deluxe and the Collector’s Editions.

I also believe that it will be really ironic if someone releases a mod that unlocks the BFG to everyone at launch. From what we know so far, RAGE 2 will not support mods at launch, however, a mod that simply unlocks weapons is something that could, theoretically, be done.

Not only that, but pirates may also have access to the BFG weapon from the get-go (thus making the pirated version better than the Base Edition). So yeah, thanks Bethesda for screwing your legitimate players.

Steam thread about this monetization practice:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/548570/discussions/0/1651043958631810439/
Fun read for me, maybe will be to you too.

Regardless of that, said before, not interested in this product.

Steam will be divided.
1/2 wtf thats bad decision.
1/2 why do you care?

Overall money talks louder than forum warriors who will buy it anyway.
99% will buy regardless of which stance they took.

I played the first Rage and it was ok, I got pretty much what I paid for, five dollars of mediocre entertainment. I might pick this one up in a couple of years if I hear lots of positive comments about it.

I only got about 3 hours in before boredom took over. But I will also watch for reviews

I thought Rage was pretty decent. Not great but better than the rap it tends to get from a lot of people.

But I'm a sucker for a post-apocalyptic setting, and there wasn't an overabundance of those back then.

Liked the first game but it was a technical mess due to being one of the first games to use MegaTextures and the id Tech engine. It didn't even have a proper ending.

Last edited:
Rage 1 was good compared to this HEAP OF SHT! WTF happened? They got all high and forgot they are developing a game?? The first seconds with that blue red "lighting" looks REPULSIVE. The rest looks like a badly aged Carmack engine. I would be happy to leave a negative review on Steam.

I would have preferred more grit, less farcry bloodragon / serious sam / just cause vibe because that never have any immersive world building... such games are fun in co-op for an hour or so, that's it.. i'm getting that vibe here but SP.

Are you ready to Raaage?!

https://youtu.be/T97N_iAbG_Y?t=11

Seems like a good, brainless fun, really like the sound of all guns here. But I can't see this selling all that well, not without a good marketing behind it.

It appears to be strong in the douchebag side of the Force.

True, and some of what I've seen of the gameplay didn't look bad. Still, if the tone of their marketing campaign pervades the entire game, I'm not sure I could stomach it.

Can't get any more douchebaggery then the Duke.

Hail to the chief baby.:gorath:

Can't get any more douchebaggery then the Duke.

Hail to the chief baby.:gorath:

Lol, now I really want to play it...is it really that bad?
Reminds me a bit of Ride to Hell, had these hilarious scenes, you'd stumble on chicks ( mostly hookers) being harrassed by rednecks, you proceed to beat them to death, then the game straight jumps to sex scenes ( sometimes more than 1 on 1, if you know what I mean).

Lol, now I really want to play it…is it really that bad?
Reminds me a bit of Ride to Hell, had these hilarious scenes, you'd stumble on chicks ( mostly hookers) being harrassed by rednecks, you proceed to beat them to death, then the game straight jumps to sex scenes ( sometimes more than 1 on 1, if you know what I mean).
Yeah I remember that as it was hailed as the worst game of 2013 if not ever.:lol:

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbreWxaZzg
Five years from its initial release, Ride to Hell is still widely considered to be one of the worst games ever made. So obviously I had a blast with it. It's as perplexing as it is hilarious; getting you to think about the context of its production in the same way the best b-movies do. In this video, I try to break down what the hell Ride to Hell even is, and why I ended up having such a surprisingly good time with it.

I don't remember Ride to Hell, but I guess that's probably a good thing. It does indeed look quite awful.

Duke Nukem Forever isn't bad. The problem is that it's the sequel to arguably one of the best first-person shooters ever made, and expectations were overblown. I thought some of the levels were actually really cool.

When I said Duke was great, I was talking about Duke 3D of course not DNF.

Back
Top Bottom