Spaceland - New Tactical RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Spaceland is a tactical RPG from the makers of the Braveland series, inspired by the likes of X-COM and Lasersquad.

Decimate the Alien Horde in Spaceland - a New Action-Packed Sci-Fi Tactical RPG from the Creators of the Braveland Trilogy

Suit Up for Xeno-stomping Action in this Classically Inspired but Thoroughly Modernized Sci-Fi Exploration and Tactics Game where the Battles are Quick and Deadly

Kaliningrad (JUNE 6, 2019) - Developer Tortuga Team announced today a Q3 2019 release for Spaceland, their upcoming sci-fi tactical RPG for PC. Spaceland has players taking on the roles of various members of a futuristic kill team - dropping into alien bases and doing away with threats in a fast-paced reworking of the traditional Tactical RPG formula. In Spaceland, battles are quick, with no time wasted deciding on character costumes, load-outs, and other nitty-gritty details, as each character is already kitted for battle and raring for action. As these are heroic adventurers, players won't lose time on recovering from missed shots, rather, the focus is on skilled team member placement for the best line of sight and optimal shots with their equipped weaponry. Speed and smart unit placement is the order of the day in this streamlined take on classic tactical RPGs!

"Spaceland is the loving homage to sci-fi classics, both games and books, that we've been wanting to make for a long time," said Anton Mikhailov, Creative Director at Tortuga Team. "We've taken the core of the tactical RPG, the turn-based combat, and reworked it for speed - meaning players will likely only spend 10 minutes at most on a battle, but it will be fun and exciting the entire time! We expect fans of sci-fi entertainment will enjoy our storyline, while fans of tactical combat will find something new and refreshing in Spaceland."

Spaceland is the latest creation from Tortuga Team, the developers behind the successful multiplatform fantasy tactical RPG series - Braveland. The game drops players into the boots of a tough-as-nails tactical team of Space Rangers Lead as they explore an alien world and defeat its vicious denizens in turn-based combat. Shoot, kick, hide, blast, crush - do whatever you can to outsmart and defeat the alien menace!

In the classic traditions of the science-fiction genre, you'll be tasked with gathering a team of fighters to unravel secrets of the mystical planet your valiant team has landed on. Rich dialogues will reveal the true colors of your teammates, and if you're lucky, you'll uncover special details of their individual backstories.

Features of Spaceland Include:

• We're Going Old-School: Inspired by classics of the genre such as XCOM, Laser Squad, and Incubation, Spaceland turns up the heat on the battlefield by offering a playstyle that is familiar, yet uniquely exciting.
  • Quick N' Fun: Fast and furious battles focus on the action and only take 10-15 minutes. Planning is good, but blasting is better!
  • Packing the Heat: Equip your team with futuristic weapons such as Dash Thrusters, Grenades, Teleporters, Mines, Power Shields, and much more! Scavenge surroundings for equipment and ammo in a hostile environment with scarce resources.
  • Explore and Exterminate: Discover the secrets of alien bases as you explore them, unlocking new data and expanding your digital encyclopedia of alien info - all of which will help you annihilate them with ease!
  • A Beast for Every Occasion: Fight for your life against alien lifeforms that feature speed, strength, armor, and more - all challenging your tactical mettle as you figure out the best way to defeat each type

More information.

Quick N' Fun: Fast and furious battles focus on the action and only take 10-15 minutes. Planning is good, but blasting is better!

Yep, most likely too shallow for my taste. Braveland was fun for a bit, so let's see...

Inspired by Incubation:good!

Heavy and repeated emphasis on how fun, easy and brief combat is:bad.

Fast and furious combat doesn't exactly sound like my cuppa, especially when the emphasis seems to be on speed. I'll keep this on my radar for now, but my expectations are rather low.

Might be fun for a diversion.

Small teams, simpler combat.. thumbs down from me.

Look how simple and generic the combat maps are. Doesn't look very tactical to me.

Back
Top Bottom